[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - photography expeditions - accomplished or planned

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: photography expeditions - accomplished or planned
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:44 am 
Lady Scryer

Heh. It is way below freezing here tonight, and everything is covered with ice. I do not think you would like it. :wink: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:39 am 
The UnTitled

Hahaha, no I wouldn't. Living in a hot country gives you thin blood. :D

--A

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:59 pm 
Lady Scryer

The sunset was so beautiful last night, I had to run out on the front porch and take some pictures, even with the extreme cold.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:42 am 
Lady Scryer

these are from my backyard a few minutes ago:

the pictures do not do them justice, but the Christmas lights look groegous in the middle of the night with about four inches of fresh snow :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am 
Master Pilot

This was taken back in March: Snowy Owl "Portrait"

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:24 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
oh...
is s/he gorgeous or what?
thanks for sharing, neo

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:53 pm 
Lady Scryer

That is one incredible picture!!!! :hearts:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:43 pm 
Master Pilot

Wow! How did you manage to catch a snowy owl? Great shot!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:26 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:40 am 
Master Pilot

Still a great shot, like you said. The venue doesn't detract from the quality of the photo. :)

I suspected it might be at a zoo or sanctuary, cause it would be very hard to get a shot like that in the wild.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:45 am 
Master Pilot

I'm very happy with how these pics turned out, especially in the colors. The top two were taken inside the park conservatory. The bottom two were taken outside. And of course, I totally forgot to note down what flowers they are...but I think the top two are orchids, yes?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:37 am 
Lady Scryer

They look like they might be orchids, but I am no expert on that sort of flower. I like to grow the tough outdoorsy guys that are nearly impossible to kill like those daffodils in the bottom two pictures. :mrblue:

(lovely pictures, by the way!) :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm 
Master Pilot

They look like lilies to me, MW. But what do I know? :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:23 am 
Master Pilot

Ali, you're right: they're lilies. The conservatory did have some orchids - protected behind glass. Strictly from an aesthetic standpoint, lilies are more pleasing to my eye. As are tulips. Taken on June 14th:

The week before this picture, only the red tulips were blooming. Then this past weekend when I checked, it was nothing but yellow tulips. I had no idea that was the progression for tulips. If I had just read about it in an encyclopedia, I would've promptly forgotten it. Seeing the change in person makes a big difference.

Oh, yeah, the lilies in the conservatory are in spectacular bloom now:

Darn it, I love lilies. If I had a garden, I'd have lilies all over the place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:30 pm 
Lady Scryer

I do have lilies all over the place. They are tough outdoor plants that are nearly impossible to kill and come in pretty near every color of flower other than blue & purple. And they smell great!! This year I added some peach colored ones. I'm surprised they do not grow them outdoors up there? Or maybe I am at the far northern part of their range? :?

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next