[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - photography expeditions - accomplished or planned

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: photography expeditions - accomplished or planned
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Heh, at the townhouse, on the advice of a guy at a garden center, I planted two hybrid lilies next to each other. One was a coral color and the other was more rose-buff with tiger-lily spots in the center. Well, they must've cross-pollinated, because before long I had nothing but muddy-buff-colored lilies with tiger-lily spots. :lol:

Lilies are *really* easy to grow -- plant the bulbs once and you never have to mess with them again. I mean, you *can* -- you can fertilize them and dig them up and split them out once they multiply and all that stuff -- but I never did any of that stuff. :mrgreen:

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:52 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:09 am 
Master Pilot

Oriental lilies were in full bloom yesterday at the conservatory. They were lovely, as was their fragrance. I got to enjoy them earlier in the day before it got crazy with people coming to the park to enjoy the Canada Day activities.

Also got a good shot of a dragonfly outside that day. A bunch were swarming around a flowering shrub.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:38 am 
Master Pilot

Supreme Cuteness Alert!

Arctic Fox Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

Oh, what a darling baby! :hearts:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:28 pm 
Master Pilot

He's adorable! :) I saw your posts at the Watch, too, MW....

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Thanks, ali! Yeah, you just wanna pet him and squeeze him and...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 pm 
Master Pilot

...and watch in horror as he rips your arm off, yeah. :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm 
The UnTitled

:LOLS:

--A

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 am 
Master Pilot

Took this back in the summer:

Enhanced the owl with a slight glow effect

Hummingbird:

I needed a lot of patience and luck to get these birds!

No fall pictures from me this year. It was a miserable season - cold, wet and windy. Hardly any sun. Everything was shrivelled up. Hope you all had - or are having - a better autumn than what we got.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:57 am 
Lady Scryer

I finally broke down and got a second tiny little digital camera (this one takes 12 meg pictures :mrgreen: ) and a tiny little palm sized digital camcorder last month at sale at the little store at work. Both are Sonys.

To my sorrow, my work schedule and getting ready to move my kid to the dorm have sucked up all my spare time. I have not used either of them even once. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I do have a long weekend for Labor Day - maybe then if the weather will co-operate! :D

I really want to experiment with them a bit before heading down to the mountains in October...

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7