[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - is anyone else ready for spring?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: is anyone else ready for spring?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:20 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I know I haven't.
...are they in Denver?

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:19 am 
Master Pilot

Whew...thanks, Menolly...I thought I was a weirdo for not having seen fireflies.

Maybe they live only in certain areas.

Hmm...and danlo mentioned being on the road to Denver in the other thread...surely not to catch fireflies. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:45 am 

Oh mm, it has been a while since you came by the Watch...

Seareach is visiting the states from Oz. A 'fest was held in San Francisco this past weekend, and then she and Lucimay are doing a road trip together for two weeks. Next weekend they plan to be in Denver, and a second 'fest is happening there. danlo and I will both be in attendence. You and Duchess, and anyone else here, are more than welcome to join us.

Then Sea and Luci are heading towards Albuquerque for Sea to meet with someone. But at her request, no 'fest is planned around that stop. Then I think it is back to SF, and eventually Sea will head back to Oz.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:09 am 
Master Pilot

So much for my firefly conspiracy theory.

Wishing you and danlo a swell time in Denver!

Ever since that first Elohimfest in '04 (was it that long ago?) these kinds of gatherings seem to be the "happening" events.

Sea is going to Albuquerque, eh? Very nice. She's certainly getting around! I'm glad she was able to make it to the US.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 pm 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:56 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:59 pm 
The Timekeeper

Somehow I knew Menolly was talking to the wrong person there...

Riiight meeting in Albq. with someone, hmmm I wonder who that could be...it isn't me- maybe it's ...nawwwww! :drool:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:56 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:20 pm 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:04 pm 
The Timekeeper

It's best to drop the whole thing and not speculate-too bad, though, I really enjoy duchy's appearances at the Watch (shouldn't let one person stand in the way...).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:15 pm 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

You never know. I have been known to occasionally save up vacation time and go to Florida in the winter for 2-3 weeks at a time. :wink: Though that will probably not happen again until my younger son finishes high school. :) Winter is wrestling season. :lol:

(I'm actually overdue for a Disney trip by many years).

As for other things, I do also occasionally travel about the country and visit friends and family - right now I owe visits to people in Texas, Vegas, Charleston, and Maryland among other places. So if I ever do get near anyone who wants a visit, I will certainly let that person know. :)

All of that will also have to wait, though. In this bad economy, my husband's customers owe him a sum pushing six figures. :shock: We are not even planning a camping trip anytime soon. :( Just a couple of Tigers games...which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't suck so much this season. :razz:

As for the Watch...jeez. I do drop in occasionally and inevitably run into something unpleasant and strange. I do not know if that goes on all of the time over there anymore, or I am just horribly unlucky.
Some examples over the past couple of years:
* woman having a temper tantrum over God knows what, and screaming about her nipples (note: even my male cats have nipples - it is a trait of mammals! so who cares if she has them?)
* one person screaming at another over some ebay auction (I think I actually complained to Danlo about that one, as I found it very offensive)
* a member I scarcely know sending me a PM asking me to justify a post to him (which contained nothing of bad taste or cursing - yes, I can have a sailor level potty mouth if I feel something strongly enough, but not in that particular case - it was actually a long and involved post about Donaldson books that I had thought about and worked on for a long time)
* a long discussion (multi-page thread) about a member not minding, or perhaps even wanting, a Canadian female celebrity to poop on him in a sexual context. :gag: (I was too busy being revolted to pay really close attention to details - I know everyone has their own fetishes and kinks - mine is a huge admiration for male legs - but poop is not something I find sexy at all ).

So I dunno, maybe I am just very unlucky with this stuff, but I will admit that I have found this stuff to be a turnoff, even without the other situation. And then there is just this tone of "my intellect is higher than yours and my taste is better than yours" as exemplified by that Indiana Jones thread where Sunbaneglasses felt like an idiot just for enjoying a movie. :? I'm not sure how to describe it, but hopefully someone knows that to which I refer, and can put it in better words. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 am 
The Timekeeper

Yeah the poop thing shocked the hell out of everyone-should have been deleted instantly for mere insanity...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:34 am 
Master Pilot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next