[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - what's the most interesting thing you've done today?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: what's the most interesting thing you've done today?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:17 pm 
Master Pilot

One time, driving one of the kids back to college, I swear there was a hawk in a tree every four or five miles.

It's snowing here today -- our first accumulation of the season. And it's been so cold that the snow began to stick immediately. :shock: They're calling for an inch or two total. I'm expecting that getting home will be a nightmare. And I've got to go to the grocery store tonight and get fresh cilantro in order to make dip to take to a party tomorrow night. I guess I'll walk over to the local grocery rather than getting in the car. At least I'm not shopping for bread, milk, or toilet paper -- that stuff will all be long gone before I get off work.... :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm 
Lady Scryer

This is one storm we are lucky enough to miss. It hit Chicago, but passed to the south of us, spreading snow and freezing rain across Kentucky and West Virginia. The sky looks really strange today, but no ice or snow. :mrgreen:

Why do people out in the DC area make a run on bread, milk, and TP when it snows, Ali? :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:50 pm 
The UnTitled

Meh. Ran around madly all day and succeeded in getting very little done. Nothing interesting either.

--A

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:52 am 
Master Pilot

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:59 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I just received a $30 Office Depot gift card in the mail!

They had a promotion for a sweepstakes where you earned one if you were among the first 300 to register, and when I registered I was told I was one of that first 300. But they later posted that there was a glitch, and I never received a confirmation email. So I am totally taken aback that I was sent one. I'm guessing they decided to issue one to everyone who received that message. Now that is keeping your customers happy!

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 pm 
Lady Scryer

Got back from a weekend out of town. Exhausted but happy. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:38 am 
Lady Scryer

Starting to get over a really nasty sinus infection. I can almost talk today rather than croak like a froggy! 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:50 pm 
Master Pilot

Ran 20 mile race yesterday (33km) in preparation for Paris Marathon on the 10th April :drool: :sky: Can barely walk today lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:25 pm 
Master Pilot

Umm...nothing yet. But when I get home, I should have a package waiting for me, and said package should contain a copy of Erikson's The Crippled God. :mrgreen:

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:01 pm 
The UnTitled

Bah. Bookshop told me they wouldn't have it for 2 months yet.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am 
Lady Scryer

It' s Erikson's best since Memories of Ice (in my humble opinion, anyway). :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 am 
The UnTitled

Ah well, at least I have something to look forward to. I'll do a complete reread before I get it.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:23 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:52 pm 
The UnTitled

I should hope so...lotta loose ends to tie up... :D

--A

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm 
Master Pilot

I pretty much agree with you, Duchess -- TCG was great. 8)

So...my knee's better today, but a couple of days ago it started hurting for no apparent reason. Not the joint, but lower -- maybe where something hooks to my shin bone. Lateral movements were no fun. Bending the knee and rotating it outward (think Tree pose in yoga) at the same time was painful. I put on my trusty knee brace and took some ibuprofen and tried not to bend it so that it hurt, and it's a lot better today. Not the first time it's happened. Anybody have any idea what's going on? (Like y'all are medical folks. Or like Duchess is an orthopedist. But anyway.)

My books:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 73  Next