[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - what's the most interesting thing you've done today?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
 Post subject: Re: what's the most interesting thing you've done today?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:32 pm 
Master Pilot

(...But it is a very necessary step in their growing up to be a functional adult, and in the parent/s being able to step out and be an individual/s with personal interests again rather than being primarily being only a parent with life centered around the child/ren). :) [/quote]
:gunslinger:
:)

Good to hear your co-worker is recovering, Duchess; not good to hear that it was stress-related....

I have done nothing interesting today. Not a single thing. Which is somewhat better than yesterday, when we had an earthquake. :shock:

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 am 
Lady Scryer

An earthquake and then over the weekend a hurricane! :shock:

Yesterday we moved my younger son into the dorm.

Today he came home for a home cooked breakfast. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(didn't take very long. at least he lives about ten miles away. sometimes my older son would drive home a few hours each way from his dorm at BSU to get a home cooked meal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:00 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
On Wednesday I had my first ever MRI.
On Wednesday afternoon I had my second MRI, this time with an IV "contrast," since the second series of scans did not work in the morning due to a faulty "coil" which needed to be replaced. Apparently the machine was fixed within a few hours and they called me back in.
Yesterday I had my third MRI, again with an IV contrast, as apparently the positioning for the second MRI was incorrect and the radiologist wanted clearer scans...

Here's hoping I am now finished with MRIs for awhile.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:04 am 
Lady Scryer

I've never had to have one, but have heard they can be confining and unpleasant for people who do not like small closed-in areas. :(

Hopefully all is well, Menolly!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm 
Master Pilot

I've never had an MRI either. Hopefully I will never need one. Confined spaces typically don't bother me, but the process doesn't sound like much fun regardless.

One of my co-workers asked me to show her how to read a knitting pattern, so that she can knit something other than just a big square. :lol: Somehow that has morphed into teaching some other co-workers how to knit. I've now spent several sessions showing them how to cast on. :roll: This time I told them to bring a needle with 25 stitches already cast on, so we can move on to actually knitting something. :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:56 pm 
The Timekeeper

This is actually the most interesting thing I've done for the past 2+ weeks: Tam and I finally became legal guardians of our two ex-foster boys, Adrien 8 and Izzac 6. Let me tell you-there is a big difference between taking care of the beauteous Grace and herding cats! :faint: They're both going to Grace's school and doing great. We've been to mountains and movies and Parent's Night and...and we're going to a barbecue up in Santa Fe Saturday. The boys, understandably have tough moments adjusting with, now, both birth Mom and Dad on extended orange jumpsuit vacations and having the lynchpin of their family, Grandpa Sam, succumb to cancer Saturday night. Grandma is picking them up tonight to attend the Rosary, and I'm taking everyone o/o school tomorrow to attend the passing ritual.

That dam Fidel kicked my ass in tennis yesterday (don't know what got into his Wheaties... :mrgreen: ) so now I'm still ahead this summer 10-3. I'm going to a meeting with my State Senator tonight and marching for Move On! in the state fair parade at the crack of ass Saturday for, Medicare, Social Security and Jobs--with a bunch of silly ass democrats (I'm the anti-party party)...the kids have been walking me and the dog every night-I'm getting healthy (OMG! :shock: ) and I'm ready for some FOOTBALL! --never a dull moment--today I'm an extremely happy and proud Dad! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Congratulations on welcoming the boys officially in to your home, danlo! I can't wait to see them again at the next elohimfest.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:46 am 
Lady Scryer

I'm so very happy to hear that the two boys are safe and sound with people who will always put them (and their sister) first! :cloud:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:10 am 
Lady Scryer

My younger son's year old laptop went into black screen of death mode. Had to take it in and have it shipped back to the factory to see if it can be fixed. In the meantime he has to have a laptop because he is in computer programming classes so we had to buy a new one. :faint: So that was a large unexpected sudden expense - but luckily it was only $200 more than an emergency fund I have sitting and rotting in the bank down the road a bit. If the old one can be fixed, it will be come my husband's laptop. He has been wanting one for a while.

My fun today was having a text conversation with Highdrake while the baseball game was on. He is a Yankees fan and I am a Tigers fan, and it was an exciting playoff game that came down to the last batter so we had fun. :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73