Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Storm of Swords (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:22 pm 
Master Pilot

I've still got 550 pages 2 go in A Clash of Kings but we already have ASOS posters so I'll start u off with, a spoiler:
Maltaran wrote:Quote:No! LF is evil! Join LIES (Littlefinger is Evil Society)! You'll see his full vileness in Storm of Swords.
Honour those the dragons heed,

In thought and favour, word and deed

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/5/02 11:22:55 am
</i>

Post subject: Hi Maltaran !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:13 am 
Master Pilot

Typical bloody Northerner ! Danlo thinks Littlefinger's a paragon of virtue Maltaran. That's gone and shattered his illusions. Narika nBari nAdun yanakhim<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Hi Maltaran !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:39 am 
Master Pilot

Yeah right, I don't trust any of them yet--except 4 mayb Jon Snow and Bran...and I trust LF (not Lord Foul) about as much as Varys...
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Hi Maltaran !
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:45 pm 
Lady Scryer

When I first started going to kevinswatch, I would do a double take everytime I saw LF (Lord Foul) because I was so used to LF meaning Littlefinger. Then I realized that they are the same. LF=LF.
my sister, o my sister! There's the cause on 't. Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust -- John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi", first performed in England in 1614<i></i>

Post subject: The Old Gods send me a copy!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:38 am 
Master Pilot

Has every1's brother/sister given A Storm of Swords 2 themselves, or some1 else 4 Christmas?

I have been 2 2 used bookstores and 5 new 1s, in the past 3 days, and they'r all sold out! The Gods will make 1 appear! I hope, as soon as I the last 100 pages of A Clash of Kings. And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The Old Gods send me a copy!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:24 am 
Master Pilot

lol I'm a member of the LADL, we're almost nonexistant now cause we don't much like Ran's board, tho I know Lord Baelish(not a member here I think) is still pretty active there. She told me to come but I was already there.<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The Old Gods send me a copy!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:19 pm 
Lady Scryer

I saw on Ran's board that the mass market paperback will be out around March 5, and will weigh in at about 1400 pages!!! That's about the same as Les Mis or War and Peace!!

A Feast for Crows is supposedly coming out in the fall.

A second Hedge Knight story will supposedly be included in Legends 2, coming out in the winter (?)

A self contained chunk of the prologue of Feast For Crows is in this month's (March 2003) Dragon magazine, which I have yet to locate. However (extreme spoiler) (how do you black out spoilers here anyway???)

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
the Greyjoys are going to go after Dany to steal her dragons!!

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Warning: ASOS newbies, go back 2 the Group Read!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:30 am 
Master Pilot

I am now at about page 800 and I don't want 2 go anywhere w/o my copy of ASOS. Many famed spoiler topics I've come across here and in my travels have begun come 2 light and (it's kind sad) I almost don't feel like an ASOIAF newbie any more. I am already jonesing 4 AFFC and really hope Martin will come out w/at least 2 more books after that. There really r so many irons in the fire @ this point that it seems it will take @ least 3 more books to tie everything up. I've got 2 know how winter turns out (cause it is coming, you kno...) And besides that I never want 2 stop reading ASOIAF, ever.

So now I'm making this topic ASOS Spoiler central--If u r an ASOS newbie--meaning u haven't passed page 500 yet--go back and participate in the Group Reads!

THERE WILL BE 2 MANY SPOILERS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the famed spoilers include:
Speculation on Jon Snow's parentage
Who was the Prince who was promised?
The fate of Robb Stark
The Red Viper, etc...
(and whatever duchess said above)

If u're like me and see something past page 500-800, or so 2 words of advice, 1.) Avert eyes 2.) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/30/03 6:21:18 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Warning: ASOS newbies, go back 2 the Group Read!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:38 am 
Lady Scryer

Danlo, last I heard there will be two more books after AFFC, but Parris, Martin's Lady, says she thinks there might end up being three.

A Feast For Crows
A Dance With Dragons
A Time For Wolves

are the projected titles I have heard.

Hopefully there will be lots more Hedge Knight stories, too!! I love Dunk and Egg!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:26 am 
Master Pilot

LindaElane told me about the A Dance with Dragons possibility...cool.

another famed spoiler topic:
The brotherhood w/o banners--I like Thoros but I do not like his god...(need flaming sword emoticon...) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

It has always amazed me that Thoros and Mel serve the same god. I have always thought that perhaps one or the other is a fake. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Post subject: Gods
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:50 pm 
Pilot

Now, now, now...what makes you think they aren't both serving exactly the same god, and each only understands a little bit of that god's true nature?

I mean, isn't it a hallmark of Martin's skill that no character has all the answers? Everybody is right about some things, wrong about others? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Gods
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:52 pm 
Master Pilot

I never can spell this guy's name, but I saw an interesting question on ASOIAF board just now: Is Jagen Daario? (u kno who I mean--Arya's justice in ACOK who gave her the coin)...hmmm.... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:06 pm 
Lady Scryer

Zahir, it is of course, quite possible that they each just see abit of the truth, in the question of Thoros and me. But man alive, are their approaches to religion and life as different as can be! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:24 pm 
Pilot

Kinda like St. Francis and Torquenada? "GOD created Man in his own image. Man, being a gentleman, returned the courtesy." -Voltaire<i></i>