Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Just Started (again)!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:06 am 
Master Pilot

Picked AGOT back up last night - just read the part where Joffrey gets his a** kicked by Arys(? - Ned's youngest Daughter) & her wolf, so he goes crying to mommy (the brother#$&!*@) & she forces Robert to do something. What does he come up with???? - Kill Sansa's wolf!!!! What an a-hole! - Then Ned does the deed himself, like that will somehow make it better!!!
I don't know if I can keep reading this book - gets me pissed everytime I read it!!! Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:28 am 
Lady Scryer

bump for Mhoram! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:37 pm 
Master Pilot

I just discovered this thread! I'm about, oh halfway done with ACOK, I really liked AGOT, Ned was definitely my favorite. Spoiler
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate the Lannisters for what they did to Ned and the Starks! Blood! Robb wants blood! Although, I'm sure everything doesn't turn out 'alright' for him. I almost like Stannis, we'll see what he gets done. :shrug Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: AGOT
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:19 am 
Pilot

I'm with you, mhoram! I am about 100 pages from finishing ACOK. I WILL finish it tonite and start on ASOS tomorrow. The last half of the book is soooo much better than the first half. It took me a long time to get through the first half because I thought it was kind of boring. But it definitely picks up half way through and keeps going. Duchess said that the next book is phenomenal! I can't wait! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: AGOT
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:32 pm 
Master Pilot

I had put AGOT down for looks like 6 months - gonna have to get back into it, I guess.....

Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:55 am 
Pilot

Earthblood..

Every time I see one of your posts your picture keeps staring at me and it's CREEPIN ME OUT, so stop it!

Georgie is one of the best writers to come along in a LONG TIME. Unlike Jordan and Goodkind, I also think he has the attribute of the really great writers to not stubble somewhere along the way and leave us poor helpless readers with nothing but inkstained paper.

Add into the mix that he has a very unique style and story, well...

LONG LIVE GRRM!!! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:32 pm 
Master Pilot

I agree! Now if he'd just get that dang AFFC written, I'm starting to get beyond impatient-I'm a member of ASOIAF discussion board but I've been boycotting it 4 5 months due to elitistism and very rude members--but I think I'll go over there today (and to GRRM's website, that u can get to by clicking the above banner) to see if there's any new lowdown. *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:36 pm 
Pilot

WE MUST BE PATIENT! (even though it is hard)

George is doing it right, and will take whatever time is necessary to not dissapoint, unlike others that will play the "commercial strategic release" game.

Go George go! <i></i>

Post subject: AFFC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:01 am 
Master Pilot

This is what george said on his site Jan. 4th:Quote:I now have 911 manuscript pages in something very close to final draft form. I also have about eight additional chapters in fragmentary form, a couple of them fairly close to completion. But there's more that will be needed after that. I don't believe in saying, "Okay, I've got X number of pages, that's enough, I'll end the book." Each volume is a part of the overall story, but also needs its own beginning, middle, climax, and end to make for a satisfying read. As I have said here before, I am writing as fast as I can, but my first priority is to make the novel as good as it be. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: AFFC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:36 am 
Pilot

Been re-reading the series in my limited free time and I have a question: Lord Mormont at Castle Black and Ser Jorah Mormont, Danerys' man - are they related? How? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:26 pm 
Pilot

Jorah is the Old Bear's son, the one who was supposed to recieve Longclaw (but Jorah left Longclaw behind when he ran away to the Free Cities). <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:45 am 
Pilot

Thanks! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:27 pm 
Pilot

Well, I'm on the last two chapters of AGOT and I'm loving it. I loved the way Martin evolved Danerys' character throughout the novel, and I was shocked what they did to Ned. Martin has some balls to have done that. I love Tyrion and Jon. They are my favorite characters so far for sure. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Well if you love it that much you'll be seriously gasping for air by the halfway point of Clash of Kings (Tyrion!) *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/20/04 2:02 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: A Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:19 am 
Trouble-Maker

I'm about halfway through "A Clash of Kings" so I don't want to read any spoilers so I'll post this here. I love love love Arya and was furious about what happened to Ned. I hate The Hound. Cersei is a major psycho bitch as is Lysa Arran. I too love Jon Snow but I did NOT like Caetelyn in the beginning but come to respect her alot. I love the development of Sam but I can't help but be reminded of Samwise Gamgee on some level. My faves are Arya, Tyrion (whose side is he on anyway??? NO don't answer that!!!) Bran and Jon. I am also glad that Daenerys grew some spine. And boy did she ever eh? ? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next