Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: AGOT
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:16 pm 
Master Pilot

OOh bad spoiler--well, I shan't look @ that--Please feel free 2 start a Storm of Swords topic and welcome 2 the Hangar! I've got 2 get rid of this funky color! Orchid Mauve (the present color is now MUCH better!)--yuk--as a matter of fact I will stick ur post as a quote 2 start ASOS.
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/19/02 5:38:47 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:17 am 
Pilot

you mean he gets worse - i don't like him as it is ! i'm only up to the second book, and i'm bascially echoing the other comments, but i love them !! the characters are great - characters you love to hate, characters you just hate and would love to teach a lesson ( ie Joff) and plenty of intriguing ones. some of them i really don't know what to think - i don't think i'd last long with all the deceit and treachery. who to trust ?! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:47 am 
Master Pilot

Trust Varys!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

And DON'T trust Littlefinger!!

And ALWAYS listen to your direwolf!! "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:00 am 
Pilot

LOL <i>Edited by: Zvezda Dennitsa at: 12/27/02 3:03:46 am
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Who's this bastard who pushes the 7 year old out the freakin' window!!!!! While he get's caught doin' the nasty with his sister!!!!!
That is just evil! <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:50 pm 
Lady Scryer

That's the "noble" knight of the Kingsguard, Ser Jaime Lannister, and the sister is the queen of the realm!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:30 am 
Master Pilot

The lovely Cersei commonly known as "brotherCENSORED" down :duchess And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/26/04 11:10 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:50 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm having a time keeping names straight & who they connect to.
Seems like a lot of incesstual activity goin'on in the old realm....
Pretty good story tho - just slow going in the reading dept..... <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

The indexes in the back are a great help keeping the chracters straight. They not only list the members of the Great Houses, but also the members of the lesser houses and knights, etc. sworn to the various Great Houses. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:25 pm 
Master Pilot

I was looking for such a thing, but they're not in my paperback!!!
Did I get ripped off or are they just in hardcovers?
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:21 am 
Lady Scryer

I have the hardbacks from my book club, they have many pages of indexes. I've never looked at the paperbacks -- I don't know why they wouldn't be there -- if not then the publisher is wrong to delete them!! These books have a cast of hundreds!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: They'r in mine...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:00 am 
Master Pilot

They'rin my paperback! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: They'r in mine...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:53 pm 
Master Pilot

I found them - They have a chapter at end, after the appendix. Threw me off for a minute... <i></i>

Post subject: Just Started!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:57 pm 
Pilot

Bought TGOT yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. The characters are both compelling and very much themselves, so that I'm having little trouble keeping track of them all. Most certainly a good thing!

Meanwhile, it is most impressive how no one seems to be totally "good" (and I'll bet even the worst won't turn out as totally "bad"). Plus I don't see anything like an easy solution to even the situations so far.

Honestly, I was a little worried because what I'd heard of this series led me to fear I was accidently duplicating some of it with my own story. But--no real fear. A few minor details (emphasis on MINOR), but nothing to worry about.

I can't be the only one to notice what "Lanister" means, am I? Do they remind anyone else of the Claudians in "I, Claudius" at all? <i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next