Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: George R.R. Martin sightings...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:20 pm 
Master Pilot

As I've said in other threads we have alot of great Sci-Fi and Fantasy authors in New Mexico like Jack Vance, Joe Haldeman, Greg Bear (4 a brief time) and the late Roger Zelazny. We also have cool little convention every year called Bubonicon in August. Last year S. R. Donaldson (NM) attended, un42nately I couldn't make it--This year George R. R. Martin (NM) and Walter Jon Williams (NM) are attending along w/; Ester Friesner (guest of honor who wrote MIB2 and Demon Blues), Spider and Jeanne Robinson, Daniel Abraham, Doug Beason, Nancy Varian Berbich, Yvonne Coats, Terry England, Jane Lindskold (NM), Vic Millan, Pati Nagle (NM), Scott Phillips, John Maddox Roberts, S. M. Stirling, Fred Saberhagen (NM), L. Neil Smith, Melinda Snodgrass (writter and story editor of STNG who lives in Albuquerque)and Robert E. Vardeman (NM). Tho the list, anually, tends 2 b more Sci-Fi than Fantasy, Smith, Saberhagen, Vardeman, The Robinsons and Stirling being the most recognizable Sci-Fi writters--Millan, England. Lindskold and Martin are great Fantasy author additions, and Saberhagen gets in2 Fantasy a bit w/his vampire and sword series...Lindskold and Snodgrass are some of the folks Martin has acknowledged in his A Song of Ice and Fire series. It's Aug 23-25:bubonicon.home.att.net/ Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/24/02 9:33:15 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: George R.R. Martin sightings...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:34 pm 
Master Pilot

C main G. R.R. Martin thread for my review/take of his reading at Bubonicon. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:21 pm 
Lady Scryer

Here is his upcoming schedule as reported on his website. According to ASOIAF he will also be appearing at a comic book convention in Chicago on Saturday, August 9, 2003, as part of the launch of The Hedge Knight comic book.
Guest of Honor at Torcon III (Worldcon), Toronto, Canada

July 12-16, 2004
Instructor at Odyssey Fantasy Writing Workshop, Southern New Hampshire University, Mont Vernon, New Hampshire
August 13-15, 2004
Guest of Honor at ConVersion, Calgary, Canada
September 2-6, 2004
Noreascon IV (Worldcon), Boston, Massachusetts
September 24-26, 2004
Guest of Honor at Foolscap, Seattle, Washington

July 16-17, 2005
Guest of Honor at Conestoga, Tulsa, Oklahoma
August 4-8, 2005
Interaction (Worldcon), Glasgow, UK
September 23-25, 2005
Guest of Honor at To Be Continued, Chicago, Illinois

May 26-28, 2006
Guest of Honor at Marcon, Columbus, Ohio
July 15-18, 2006
Guest of Honor at NECon 26, Bristol, Rhode Island

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:16 pm 
Master Pilot

George got his schedule for Bubonicon. Here' s the highlights you are most interested in:

George's reading is at 6:30pm on Friday evening. Later that evening he has a panel with artist Charles de Lint and author Charles Vess.

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>