[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Jenn's A Song of Fire and Ice Venting Thread *spoilers*

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jenn's A Song of Fire and Ice Venting Thread *spoilers*
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:32 am 
Trouble-Maker

Ok. I am reading ACOK for the first time so I am afraid to go into the existing threads for fear of accidental spoilers but I felt the need to post about this.

Last edited by cameramanjenn on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jenn's A Clash of Kings thread *spoilers*
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:42 am 
Trouble-Maker

GAH!!! What is this man doing to me????? Now I find out it WAS a LIE!!!!!! Damn you GRRM you are making me NUTS!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:38 am 
Lady Scryer

I can and will talk with you about Martin to your heart's content in a few days when I'm not so tied up with real life stuff.

But I really do need to say that ASOS just might kill you if ACOK is bothering you now. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:32 am 
Trouble-Maker

Arya and Winterfell! To arms! To arms!

As long as you don't spoiler Ms. Mary. I hate Theon and Cersei. They are horrible. Death to the Lannister whore and the would be salt king!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:09 pm 
The Timekeeper

Well, she's my fellow admin, duchess, not MsMary...but I can't stand Theon either :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 pm 
Trouble-Maker

Ok. Just finished ACOK.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:19 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

I'll take Theon anyday over his salt-water drinking psychotic uncle. Gah, I hate that guy. And the other uncles, and his father. Pretty much everyone except Asha, or whatever her name is.

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 pm 
The Timekeeper

Watch your spoilers Ted!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:52 pm 
Trouble-Maker

Salt water chugging? Nope, not yet. :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:51 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

Lucky you; you'll hate him for sure! But I'm pretty sure you've encountered him. I'm talking about the priest-uncle (there is another uncle who's almost as big of a jackass, though). He's the jackass that picked up Theon right after he got off the ship in the beginning of ACoK.

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:20 am 
Trouble-Maker

The priest uncle is the one who picked him up when he got home. Ok, so I think I get what you mean by salt water chugging. The crazy priest uncle is the one who nearly drowned and then became all religious. Yeah, he's a dick. The other uncle is a ship's captain and he went with Asha on her portion of the raiding quest.... I think.

And I have the urge to chant, "Nanny nanny boo boo go stick your head in doo doo" after reading Tywin Lannister telling Cersei that she has to remarry and it's not optional. Muh uh ah ah ah. Jaime is in for an unpleasant surprise at his homecoming. I'm also laughing a little about Tyrion having to marry Sansa. I hope it scares some sense into her frilly head. I'm also a little annoyed Edmure sent out those ravens and messed up the potential trade for Jaime. Now he's gonna get back to King's Landing and it will be for nothing. Ugh. Well, that's what might happen anyway. I'm also worried about Arya although I am hoping and wishing that her being forced to go south will take her back near where she lost Numeria and that they will find one another again. :D

I guess I'm not going to tag things in this thread because I made it so I could vent and put a warning in the title. I can only ask that nobody mention things I haven't read yet by sticking to commenting on what I have discussed here. That I hope you guys do. I love to know other people's reactions to what I react to.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm 
Trouble-Maker

Ok. So the long lost evil uncle of Theon is back. I finished Storm of Swords and am now just beginning A Feast for Crows. Lot's of interesting turns of events. Walder Frey should hang by his saggy old balls.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:08 am 
Trouble-Maker

Well I knew that Littlefinger was not to be trusted and I knew that he was after Sansa since the first scene he lays eyes on her but she is in big deep Grilli now. For him to be psychopathic enough to shove Lysa out the Moon Drop or Gate or whatever they call it in front of witnesses.... well the deep Grilli has hit the friggin fan. Tyrion.... well well well. Telling Jaime he did kill Joffrey out of spite is gonna turn around and bite him on the ass but well done killing that beastly old man Tywin. However, that has the ungodly repercussions of leaving that psycho manipulative selfish bitch Cersei with the reigns.... no good can come of that. And Caetelyn. Hrmmm.... not sure what to make of that exactly. Bran's gone off with one of the OTHERS???? Arya is on a journey to find J'aquen what's his face who is apparently some sort of mage. Jon Stark has now made an enemy of Janos Slynt.... hmm.... no good can come of that either. Well well well, the old Tyrell crone is a bit of a surprise. How many times will Maergery wed before she finally has some sex? :lol: Jaime... did he actually say NO to Cersei???? Lose a hand, grow some balls... Sandor Glegorne... something tells me he is gonna come back more scarred and creepier than ever. Arya should have shown him the mercy. Then picked his pockets clean like he taught her. What is wrong with her. Oh and Stannis is going to put a bit of a wrench into the workings of the wall now isn't he????

Post subject: Re: Jenn's A Song of Fire and Ice Venting Thread *spoilers*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:33 pm 
The Timekeeper