[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Tenetty's fearless foray into the world of poetry...

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tenetty's fearless foray into the world of poetry...
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:13 pm 
Pilot

.. a.k.a. "mental masturbation"
I write not, prolifically, but with an eye for quality over quantity.. maybe half a dozen pieces a year. Here's my latest, written for Jason from NYC.hope you like it.

DANCING TOWARDS DAWN

....and should it be God's will that never shall my path again chance to meet yours... please know that I DID revel in your presence in those early morning hours when sleep came slinking and you were overcome... joyfully I stroked your skin, delighted by the warmth within, not worried by your lidded eyes, for their gaze I'd memorized- I recall, even now, how it did lend me luster, shining even brighter in the light of your desire. Every sway of my hips, a message for you, as I danced towards dawn, the intricate patterns my limbs traced in the air, meant to emphasize their emptiness for lack of you. how I did SHUDDER as your hand first met my skin, tracing my silouette from hip to shoulder, growing BOLDER as I trembled in your grasp. So close did I come to surrender- I wonder if you knew - one more urgent kiss upon my throat surely would have led to my demise. but you instead, relenting, slept, those tears of mine remained unwept, but still a part of me you kept- never to be seen again.. unless it is God's will, and then... shall I once more see and BE that sparkle in your eyes.

<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Tenetty's fearless foray into the world of poetry...
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:20 pm 
Pilot

I'm just going to throw a couple more on here, while I have the time.This one is untitled, really, but if I had to, "Just a Girl"

Something in his eyes shines so bright
As to light my way through the cold,dark night
And should that dark night turn to day,
I hope he'll not turn those eyes away
And should that bright light start to fade,
I'll ask not more than this;
Only to spark the flame that ignites that fire,
and seal it with a kiss
'cause something about that look in his eyes makes me feel i owe him the world,
And if I could,I'd give him everything,
But I'm not God,
just a girl.

<i>Edited by: tenetty at: 5/20/03 4:22:39 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:24 pm 
Pilot

another, and primarily untitled.. short, but to the point, as is most of my work.

My body is a locked door
To which you hold a ring of keys
As you unlock each door
I'll do anything you please
Face-to-face
Skin-to-skin
You turn my key
I let you in
Now I'm yours,and I will be
A slave to you who set me free

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:29 pm 
Pilot

here's another, which is much better read aloud by me, as only I know my true tone and inflection.. but oh well...

The full moon makes me howl...
and think of you...
white flesh beneath covers slipping,wet
...dripping sweat
and things unnamed.

My mind:lost and found
on a train that was bound
..nowhere
..cuz it ain't about the destination,
but how ya get there.

"there":was gone when i got there,
...now all i got's "here".

"Here:where i am and you ain't
..and maybe that's the way it's supposed to be,
but @#%$ when i look up at that moon,
you're all i see.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:33 pm 
Pilot

This will be my final installment, and while it has some good lines, I still find it a bit revealing and embarassing, and perhaps a little contrived.. I am highly open to criticism, however.. so please do!

Oh, to be the object of your lust!
My heart and soul I gave with misplaced trust.
My principals were sacrificed for the sake of my desire.
My secrets, hopes, and dreams just added fuel to the fire.
Now i'm left with nothing, save that which you give to me,
Those ever-fleeting moments when you set my body free.

Objectified,
I have no pride.
I do just as you say.
I close my eyes,
Internalize,
I let you have your way.

Oh, to be the object of your shame!
A warm body having neither face, nor name.
A consolation you'd be happy to forget upon the dawn,
But lacking that convenience, you'll be sure the shades are drawn.
No whispers must escape of our world beneath your sheets,
And of course I'll act indifferent, should by chance our two paths meet.

I am not allowed
To be too proud
And solicit your attention.
I must wait
And contemplate
In silent apprehension.

Oh, to be the object of your scorn!
A thing that you once pitied, I have now become a thorn.
If not by your side, then in your side I'll stay.
Though you will look at other faces, mine will never go away.
You created your own prison when you strung me out on hope,
For with that bitter string I'll bind you when I have no other rope.

Bound in my pain,
You will remain
Secure in my possession.
Fight as you will,
But you are still
The object of my obsession.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:39 am 
Master Pilot

beautiful stuff tenetty! Will need a few days 2 let it soak in! Thanks 4 sharing! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>