[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - bread machine recipes

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: bread machine recipes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:00 pm 
Lady Scryer

Jo's Rosemary Bread
SUBMITTED BY: Jo Lager PHOTO BY: LOWA

"This bread has a great flavor. It is moist, light and has a crispy crust."

PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 40 Min
READY IN 3 Hrs
Original recipe yield 1 - 1 1/2 pound loaf

INGREDIENTS
1 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start.

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: bread machine recipes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 am 
Lady Scryer

Chocolate Chip Bread I
SUBMITTED BY: ENEERAY PHOTO BY: Keesha

"This is a different kind of bread that the entire family can enjoy anytime of the day. It has plenty of chocolate chips and just a hint of cinnamon."

PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 2 Hrs 50 Min
READY IN 3 Hrs
Original recipe yield 1 - 2 pound loaf

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/4 cup water
1 cup milk
1 egg
3 cups bread flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons margarine, softened
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select 'Mix Bread' cycle or the setting that allows ingredients such as seeds or fruit to be folded into the dough; press Start. Add the chocolate chips at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished. Remove loaf from pan to cool when bake cycle finishes.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Pizza Dough

1 cup flat beer
2 TBS butter or margarine
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast (2-1/4 tsp.)

For dough, use bread machine set on dough setting, adding ingredients to pan in order listed. Or, dissolve yeast in warm beer (105º to 115º). Add butter, sugar, salt, and flour. Mix until dough forms a ball and cleans sides of bowl. Turn onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch down dough.

Divide dough into 4 balls. Roll on cornmeal-coated or lightly floured surface and pat out dough to 1/4-inch thickness to make small circles. Brush each circle with oil.

Top with favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings. Grill or bake per usual.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 am 
Lady Scryer

Incidentally, is anyone else having trouble finding boxed mixes for their bread machine? None of the local grocery store chains carry them anymore. :( I have told my husband if he sees any in his journeys, to buy out the store. :wink: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:36 pm 
Lady Scryer

This is what is kneading upstairs right now. I hate the name, as it is anything but PC. :razz:

Squaw Bread (though I think I want to change the name to Peasant Bread)

Ingredients:
water 1 1/3 cups
vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
honey 3 tablespoons
bread flour 2 1/4 cups
whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cup
rye flour 1 cup
salt 2 teaspoons
brown sugar 1/3 cup
bread machine yeast 2 teaspoons

makes 2 pound loaf - use setting 1 (for loaf with light crust)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:45 pm 
Lady Scryer

the same friend who gave me the recipe for the Peasant Bread also gave me the following recipes. Tomorrow I will make some rye bread. :)

Rye Bread

ingredients:
water 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
butter 1 1/2 tablespoons
bread flour 2 3/4 cups
rye flour 3/4 cup
salt 1 1/2 teaspoons
nonfat dry milk 2 tablespoons
brown sugar 1/4 cup
cornmeal 1/4 cup
caraway seeds 2 tablespoons
bread machine yeast 2 teaspoons

makes 1 1/2 pound loaf - use setting 3 (for whole wheat bead)

Whole Wheat Bread

ingredients (for 1 1/2 pound loaf):
water 1 cup + 3 tabelspoons
butter 2 tablespoons
whole wheat flour 3 cups
salt 1 1/2 teaspoons
brown sugar 1/4 cup
bread machine yeast 2 1/4 teaspoons

use setting 3 (whole wheat bread)

Whole Wheat Bread with Gluten

ingredients (for 1 1/2 pound loaf)
water 1 cup
butter 2 tablespoons
whole wheat flour 3 1/4 cups
salt 1 1/2 teaspoons
brown sugar 3 tablespoons
gluten 2 teaspoons
bread machine yeast 1 3/4 teaspoons

program to setting 3 (whole wheat bread)

Now, the four recipes I typed in above have ingredients readily available at the small grocery store (a tiny Kroger) in a small town. She also gave me this one, which looks promising, but I could not find two of the ingredients.

Sesame Bread

ingredients for two pound loaf:

water 1 1/2 cups
honey 3 tablespoons
sesame oil 3 tablespoons
bread flour 2 1/4 cups
whole wheat flour 2 cups
salt 2 teaspoons
sesame seeds 3/4 cup
bread machine yeast 2 1/2 teaspoons

program to setting 3 (whole wheat loaf)

My grocery store did not have the sesame oil or sesame seeds, but a bigger grocery store probably would? :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:39 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Peasant Bread turned out to be quite wonderful, by the way. :D 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 pm 
Lady Scryer

I've tried three of the recipes my friend gave me; the Peasant Bread and Rye bread turned out great. The Whole Wheat was a bit dry so I think I will add a tablespoon of honey next time to see if it is a bit moister that way. :D

I think this week I will be trying the chocolate chip bread. :hungry:

Incidentally, I did find sesame oil at my small town grocery strore. I had thought I would have to go to one of the big stores in Ann Arbor, but it turned out they had it in the Asian foods area rather than in the aisle with the other cooking oils and baking supplies. :)

So I might also try the sesame bread without the sesame seeds. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:25 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today is the third time this week I have been requested to make rosemary bread. :shock: :lol:

The first time I got one slice and the kids ate the rest in about ten minutes, before my husband could get home from work and have any. :razz: The second time, I made sure my husband got a big slice, but it was a battle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently this one is a huge hit, even more than the chocolate chip bread or any of the others. :D 8)

In fact, I have to go buy more bread flour next time I go to the grocery store. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:33 pm 
Master Pilot

:lol: Oh yeah, I remember that being a big problem when we had the bread maker -- some loaves didn't stay around very long....

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 am 
Lady Scryer

Oatmeal Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup water, boiling
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon dark molasses
1/2 cup oats, old-fashioned
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons yeast, sprinkled over flour
Preparation:
Put oats in a mixing bowl; pour boiling water over the oats. When oats have cooled but are still a bit warm, add remaining ingredients according to bread machine manufacturer's manual. Bake on light setting. Makes a 1 1/2-pound loaf.

Image Image Image