[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - what's the best thing you have had to eat/drink today???

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: what's the best thing you have had to eat/drink today???
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:30 am 
Master Pilot

Today, I finished a bag of the most addictive potato chips ever - Cracked Black Pepper & Balsamic Vinegar kettle-cooked chips from Old Dutch:

Old Dutch seems to be sold only in Canada. (The company started here in Winnipeg in 1954.)

I had always liked Old Dutch chips since I was a kid, but did not know anything about the kettle-cooking method until they brought back this way of making chips a few years back with their Dutch Crunch line. I love how the kettle chips are very crunchy and flavorful without the oily feel of regular chips. Anyway, I liked these chips so much I e-mailed Old Dutch (never done that before).

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:44 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:55 pm 
Lady Scryer

I have never heard of that particular brand, but agree with you that kettle cooked chips are a lot better in general than regular ones. The ones I have had are cut thicker and are crunchier without coating your fingers with grease when you eat them. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Update on my e-mail to the company: they offered to send me a coupon for a complimentary Old Dutch product, which was quite nice of them.

Just finished something called Thai pasta sesame salad from the deli, and it was pretty good!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:26 am 
Master Pilot

The grocery store has some new pre-packaged salads on offer. Tried the pasta italiano and it was delicious!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 am 
Lady Scryer

delicious beef and broccoli stir fry (using onions and garlic from our garden) :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:56 pm 
Master Pilot

That sounds fabulous! I love beef and broccoli.

Having lunch at the front desk at work. This time a Greek pasta salad. Not as good as the pasta italiano but it's all right. Might run out later to nab some fries from a local vendor just down the street. Their fries are pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:40 pm 

This should go in What's for Dinner, but as the corn was so good...

Hyperception has to work his second job tonight, so we did a brat fry early along with the best oven roasted corn-on-the-cob we've yet had this season. They were also the first in the hull bi-colored corn I've seen this season. Coincidence? I think not.

yummy...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:44 pm 
Master Pilot

Sounds yummy indeed. Never had bi-colored corn myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:56 pm 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 pm 
Master Pilot

I grew up putting butter on my corn on the cob, but the ex always ate his plain. So I tried it. It's good that way -- you can really taste the sweetness of the ears. Now that's my default.

Yellow corn is my favorite. Don't ask me what the taste difference is between white corn and yellow -- maybe yellow is sweeter? or the taste is more *there*? Anyhow, the bicolored stuff is good, too. :)

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 am 
Lady Scryer

I made a blueberry pie with a couple of pounds of fresh blueberries. :hungry:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

For breakfast I had some toffee caramel scones from Whole Foods. Very yummy. :drool:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:08 pm 
Master Pilot

Good thing you live really far away from me, Duchess, or I'd be on your doorstep. Assuming there are any of those scones left... :lol:

I made a tuna-pasta-cannellini bean salad recipe for dinner last night. Weight Watchers recipe. Not bad. I had some of the leftovers for lunch today. :) But the best thing I've had today is probably the Berry Almond Swiss Oatmeal from Corner Bakery this morning. *And* I had the fortitude to split it in half before I took a single bite, so as to save some for tomorrow. :mrgreen:

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:44 am 

duck eggs. :)

~Avatar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next