Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Religion--and other disclaimers...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:40 pm 
Master Pilot

Ur already reacting 2 the fact that I put disclaimers and religion in the same sentence! Don't worry: It's just 4 fun and part of my warped sense of humor...On Kevin's Watch we have a very interesting and potentially volitile topic called "Religion...what is it?". Those who have been there will notice that I, generally, avoid that particular topic like the plauge. I believe that 'spirituality' is a very, very deep personal subject that should never b imposed on another. So I am very hesitant 2 even discuss 'religion' at all.
--You know what REALLY blew my mind yesterday? If u read Snowy Owl chat u may have seen that I sent invitations 2 a number of 'Zindellites' who signed the guestbook @ Beyond Neverness 2 join this website. Well: one of them emailed me and told me he was wary of joining or even checking out The Hangar because my (personal) IPS is Earthlink! He said that Earthlink is controlled by the Church of Scientology and that he would have nothing 2 do w/that! I replied by telling him that this was news 2 me, that I follow my own path and have nothing 2 do w/any 'Church' and that, 2 my knowledge, EZboard has nothing 2 do w/Earthlink. Finally, I suggested that he check us out and give it a fair shake. I still can't get over it! It just goes 2 show that my !!SILLY!! theory of impending apocalypse is correct.------------------------------- (Here's my disclaimer: I have read 2 many FAROUT books such as the Illuminatus! trilogy and that makes me prone 2 hyper-reactive conspiracy theories.)--------------------------- This is how it goes: <gets cup of coffee> The Trilateral Committee of the Freemasons, and others, have placed the bodies of Dreyfuss, Walt Disney and L. Ron Hubbard in a cryogenic state of suspended animation hidden in a deep core in the earth and secretly control the world thru their brainwaves. This xplains how Hubbard continues 2 write so many books when he's been dead 4 so many years!!!!! (This also, conveniently, explains how Hubbard (the founder of The Chruch of Scientology, btw) controls huge chunks of the Internet, if Earthlink is indeed run by said 'Church')<looks @ Tom Cruise & John Travolta, among others...in a totally different light>Now of course Dreyfuss (the scandalous old banker, not the actor) controls all the real money and Israel, among many other things, and Disney, well we all know about Disney! hahaha! Aside from Disney Inc. taking over ABC, Time/Warner, AOL excertera, ect...he has silently brainwashed, through his pretty animations, all the children of America 2 bcome what they r 2day: overweight, media-addicted, moneygrubbing, selfish, noncaring, narrow-minded HEATHENS!!! Finally (and I kno y'all will get a big kick out of this 1) the fact that those 3 inspired Ronald Reagan, Jerry Fawell and Billy Graham 2 mutate strains of the AIDs virus (originating in the carcasses of Polio research monkeys left hanging in the trees of east Africa) @ the Center for American Disease Control (which by the way is in Atlanta--c the connection? Ted Turner: CNN: misinformation) 2 wipe-out undesirables, !!!Hey!!I'm "ONLY" joking u kno!!!, they also created the Anti-christ. The Anti-christ came and left w/o u knowing it, but he's still here--like a Raver in the Covenant series. He began in the form of Ed Sullivan corrupting our youth 2 the likes of Elvis Presley, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones--which of course led 2 free-love, massive private and government funded drug--subcultures, trafficing and on and on creating the horrible mess we find ourselves in 2day. And then posessed Dick Cheney, we just don't kno that yet! So if you add up money, drugs, oil, arms, power and control--theres ur basic Book of Revelations in a nutshell!!! Major disclaimer!!!: kidz don't u DARE try this @ home!! This may b the basis, 4 what I consider, a funny and FICTIONAL Illuminatus! type book I may eventually write. Remember I AM MAKING ALL OF THIS UP! If this really is tru this is already wiped off the Internet and I am dead. And if u try 2 make this in2 something of a movement u'll have 2 answer 2 ME! hahaha!!!
---Boy that got me out a commitment 2 discuss religion, seriously, now didn't it? I'll save that thought 4 another time... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/17/03 4:48:52 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Religion--and other disclaimers...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:08 pm 
Pilot

All you need is a little kalla, and you've got yourself a new religion, Danlo! <i></i>

Post subject: religion resmidgions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:21 am 
Pilot

Religion bad. Here are things I have found out about Scientology,unfortunately firsthand: 1. Scientology uses brainwashing techniques in name of getting rid of your blockages(emotional problems) goes to great lenghths initially to convince you how screwed up you are. Then they break you down with way too invasive therapy techniques,once you are very dependent they increase both the cost of sessions and frequency...when you are a quivering blob and can't afford it,they offer you a free training session and to join their little army and voila you are now a brainwashing,f***ed up therapist,obligated forever...with a weird little uniform and a goofy look.
2. Friend of my Mother's a very talented huckster,totally amoral....was one of the original upper level scientologists and revealed some secrets after too much wine about mind control and the emeters,way spooky.
3. A Management Consulting firm"Sterling Management" offered really effective Management techniques to Chiropractors and Dentists. At an introductory seminar it all sounded too good to be true. Well when you talked to the Practictioners who were giving testimonials it was all about becoming a Scientologist and brain washing patients and their families when their defenses were down,to join.Also some scary links to CIA,but I may regret revealing this suspicion......If I don't post again you"ll know why.......Scary but just my opinions from being an ever skeptical observer dragged along to all kinds of looney seminars. <i></i>

Post subject: I'd like 2 talk 2 u about Jesus...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:08 pm 
Master Pilot

This is fast becoming my personal fav page @ the Hangar--probably because it's becoming the most amoral (sic) contraversial and dangerous page on the web! I love it! (hopefully there r no lawyers--Satanspawn--looking @ this 2 use Brandenberg v. Ohio 2 circumvent the 1st amendment and throw us all in jail! well if u can't live dangerously--what's the point?). I remember once when I was walking from my house 2 class 1 day a really weird looking guy intentionally crossed the street 2 ask me "Has Jesus entered ur life?" I said "Yeah, I talked 2 him a couple of days ago and he told me he was REALLY worried about u!" ranoffwithgypsies brought up a very good point about--hitting prospective "converts" at moments of weakness--why do they do that? I guess because that's when the brainwashing is the most effective--my old journalistic self tried 2 infiltrate the "Moonies" once--this very pretty asian girl lured me up 2 her apt. which turned in2 a office, which turned in2 suites and a strange white guy in a wheelchair appeared w/some intense chart intending 2 prove that the Rev. Sun Yung Moon was the 2nd son of god. When I was taken in2 another room I found it was packed w/very sorry looking teenage runaways, drug addicts and very unhappy--kinda, lost 2 the world kids--so I stood up and said " U're all the sons and daughters of God! Follow ur own path--see the world--make ur own desicions--ur own personal connection 2 god is very personal and sacred and those who would conspire 2 take that gift from u r evil!" thank God they all got up and left or they would have been trucked off 2 thos brainwashing camps above Albany NY. They do it everywhere (all types of religious fanatics)--when ur @ ur weakest--they invade college campuses right b4 finals and hit the poor kids who are almost on the brink of suicide because they haven't studied enuf or feel they'r not good enuf, they hit u when ur in the induction line about 2 join the military, they hit u @ Rescue Missions, they try 2 convert all the down and out drunks @ the Salvation Army 2 join this very bizarre Assembly of God. I know I've been there it's either happened 2 me or I've seen tons of it taking place. Life isn't a game and we aren't sheep--it is a beautiful/terrifying adventure--any 1 who would attempt 2 play God with ur life will not lead u 2 God--all they will do is tie u down 2 political doctrine and dogma and suck the life out of u like "spiritual vampires" because they, themselves r jealous and so empty inside. We all r tempted 2 succumb 2 the easier softer way but there is not such thing "nobody said it would but easy" go within, open your heart follow ur heart u'll get there, just don't give up never give up. I'll leave u w/this till the next time: U know y going in2 a church scares the hell out of me? (THIS IS JUST MY OWN BELIEF I AM MERELY STATING IT. IN AN EFFORT 2 BRING A DIFFERENT AND NOT NESS. OPPOSING POV!) Because I think it's totally sick 2 enter a building w/an execution device on the roof. Yes u may say it's a symbol of Jesus's sacrifice and all that but it's still and execution device--it's like worshipping a hangman's noose or a guiloteen or the electric chair--mayb it's just me but there's something wrong, to me, about glorifying instruments of death--it reminds me of Beneath Planet of the Apes where they worship the A-Bomb... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/17/03 4:57:07 am
</i>

Post subject: one rule belief system
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:32 pm 
Pilot

Thanks for listening to my probably dangerous rant about only one of many serious religious agendas. I like simple belief systems with few rules. Here is a thought provoking one not that I personally ascribe to any particular set of beliefs...a Pagan/Wiccan one rule: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, lest it harm none. This I later read includes oneself and indirect harm to self and others. While this seems simplistic if you ponder on it as an ethical guideline it is very morally complex???? Probably difficult for other belief systems to match. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: one rule belief system
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Sounds like Ahimsa--c Ahimsa topic... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:40 am 
Master Pilot

I wonder about the difficulty of other belief systems being able to match such a fundamental ethical standard .. I am sure if you search the Buddist philosophy or even the basic standard of Jesus of Nazareth .. 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' .. this is a universal standard .. 'love your neighbour' .. has been the foundation of most western legal systems .. forming the very standard upon which the harm principle is grounded.

Most beliefs and faiths have at their core .. these very fundamental guiding priniciples .. apart from the overtly rogue ones .. (ie: cults and maybe Mooneys) ..

I am not an advocate of 'christianity' .. to me it has become a very ugly concept .. which is such irony .. as the Christ figure at the heart of that concept is often a stranger to those who advocate christian fundamentalism .. and he imo is far from ugly and is the epitome of self-sacrifice and unconditional love which is the highest level of spritual being.

I would be labelled a christian because of my love for Christ .. but I reject that label .. I believe in Gods .. in an afterlife .. in spiritual beings .. in my own sprit self .. I believe that through meditation and prayer I can commune with a Creator .. I believe that there can be harnassed spiritual power and that through this power miracles can be realised ..

This is my faith and my religion .. it resides in my heart and soul ..

As far as organised religions go .. I have the most immense respect for the Salvation Army .. and the work they do .. they really take their faith and put it into action. There are others ..

I loathe religions that are set up for self-gain and that decieve the vulnerable and the weak .. when they should be devoted to the cause of goodness and peace .. and to building up those that are weighed low.

Truth resides in the universe .. in this planet even .. in the learnings of all peoples .. some have learned these universal truths from their oneness with their spiritual selves .. all can learn this way imo. But in searching for truth .. which is a noble quest .. we can learn from the teachings of all sources Budda .. Christ .. Islamic writings (Koran) and all sources you may be inclined to.

just a small rant ..

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 6:36 am 
Master Pilot

I agree! Keep the faith! Hindus, and 2 some degree Buddists, talk about the Mahayanna and the Hinayanna--The big wheel and the small wheel, The Mahayanna refers 2 the larger population of the religion that say they worship in it but aren't totally devout or practising. This is always the huge majority of any large religion. The Hinayanna attempts 2 honestly surrender themselves up 2 the "real" practices of the religion and strives 4 a true connection w/God(s), Creator( another controversial word) or Higher Power. And though I have wonderered about leaders in the Catholic Church, Christian Fundamentalists and leaders of the Islamic religion (sidenote: that there r so many differing Islamic sects-and that in 1 particular country, say, there can b an xtremely fine line btween religious leadership and political agenda, etc...) I am sure that there r many very good people in those small "Hinayannas" (of any religion) striving 2 help others and 2 have their Atman (soul) bcome 1 w/Brahmin (god, the universe, whatever). Still the blinders must come off (in their treatment of women, children, animals, etc... And I emphasize every and all organized religion here, not just, say, Islam i.e.) and as they say in Dune: "The Sleeper must awaken!!!!". How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/17/03 5:05:21 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:02 am 
Master Pilot

definitely! .. all people's in search of spiritual truth must awaken to their very real possibility .. and to the demand such knowledge imposes on the actors who are in receipt of such knowledge. Of those who have received such spiritual truth and knowledge much is required. We must act as well as we are able .. in conformity with those principles such truth imposes on us.

Its important that I note here that I am most definitely not anti-christian .. at all! .. I just cringe at that expression .. not because I loathe what it really represents but what I see it has become .. corrupted by man! In all ways .. I am for all intent and purpose a 'christian' .. a follower of Christ! To me He is a God that I can respect!! .. a very human face .. all his teachings resonnate with my spirit self .. they lift me to knew levels .. and give me insight into my own soul ..

I believe truth resides in many sources .. as I said earlier even in the planet we live upon.

<b><i>Quote:</i></b> there can b an xtremely fine line btween religious leadership and political agenda

As far as political agenda goes .. the Roman empire embraced 'christianity' for this very reason .. the Council of Niocea (sp?)(where was established the Niocean creed) .. was a council established arguably to quell the rising tide of 'christian problem' in their provinces and threatening the wider community. It was there that the Catholic church was formed .. and organised. You cant get more political than that imo.

So what of the faith that Christ brought .. it still exists today .. 2000 years ago it was taken and used by governments and institutions .. corrupted from its original form .. and yet it still exists today! health and healing<i></i>