[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Law and Order and West Wing

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Law and Order and West Wing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:23 am 
Master Pilot

OK, I want to combine for these two series, not because I think they might be similar. But I just feel like it. If future traffic dictates it, I will consider making two message threads.

Law and Order. Just read today, Elizabeth Rohm (Serena Southerlyn), the new asst. DA to Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston), she replaced Angie Harmon (aka, the worst actress on the planet) a few years ago will be leaving the series next season. Furthermore, they are bringing onto the series Dennis Farina (an actor who can believe it or not can probably overact Waterston). This might be the last straw. Ms. Rohm's role on the show has been such a relief from Jack McCoy's constant frothing at the mouth, which is becoming increasingly less entertaining.

Wishing Ms. Rohm good luck in her future work. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i>Edited by: taraswizard at: 6/23/04 9:25 pm
</i>

Post subject: Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:04 pm 
Pilot

(This post is missing and can not be restored) <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Law and Order and West Wing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:59 pm 
Master Pilot

OK, lost West Wingp and Law and Order messages Saw the October 5 episode of LaO, perfect ending the falsely accused father shutting the door in Fontana's face. Perfect (Fontana saying: "I'm really sorry" my ass) taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:02 pm 
Master Pilot

West Wing. I have a hypothesis why conservatives (generally) tend to dislike this show so intensely. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i>Edited by: taraswizard at: 10/6/05 1:02 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:22 pm 
Master Pilot

Law and order has "jumped the shark. The atrocious episode that was a so obvious rip off the 1940s movie The third man. Not only was it repeated several times during last season, but it was repeated during last weeks regular airing of LaO on NBC. So they revell in the worst episode ever done. More evidence is not necessary, the prosecution rests. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:12 am 
Master Pilot

West Wing. The verdict is now finalized. This season, AFAIK the series 7th, is to be its final one. Confirmed by Martin Sheen during a short interview on his way to the SAG awards presentation. The right wing nutcases will be dancing in the street. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:14 am 
Master Pilot

And regarding Law and Order, well if I see it I see it. I make little effort to ensure I'll see a new episode. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:04 pm 
Lady Scryer

I've been catching an occasional odd episode here and there of these two shows in reruns late at night. When I get home from work in the middle of the night, Calibaby is usually up watching reruns of MASH. But every now and then he will have one of these two shows on instead.

Now, I am only catching an occasional episode (and then I usually only catch part of the episode), completely out of context and having no knowledge of the history of the characters or plots. But I have been impressed by the bits I have seen, particularly with West Wing. I think with more time that is a show I could really get into. It looks very well done, with first rate acting. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:30 am 
Lady Scryer

I've been lent the dvd's for the first season of West Wing, though so far I have only had time to watch the first four episodes (with the kids out of school this week I am not getting much time with either the tv or the dvd player ). So far it is interesting, but has not yet completely hooked me in. I like some of the characters, especially the President, but on the other hand, Rob Lowe's character strikes me as being a supreme dumbass. I hope he will not be one of the bigger characters as the season goes on. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:08 am 
Master Pilot

Next weekend, May 14, the final episode of West Wing will be shown at 7.00 pm Central time, they've decided to precede the final episode with a repeat of the series premier episode. I was a fan of this before I was a fan of BtVS. Duchess, if there's any way for you to record it if you need to, I recommend you do it.

Last week's, May 7, episode had me crying (I'm so sappy) for every scene between Danny Kincanon (Timothy Bussfield) and CJ Craig (Alyson Janney). taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html
Buff_fans_Chicago http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/buffy_fans_chicago/
live journal http://taras-wizard.livejournal.com<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:34 pm 
Master Pilot

ANNOUNCEMENT: Det Frank Fontana (Dennis Farina) will be living LAO. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:29 am 
Master Pilot

"DING, DONG! The witch is dead!"

Dennis Farina leaving Law and Order (didja know I did not like him). Now if we could get rid of the latest faceless bimbo asst. to McCoy. Bringing back Richard Brooks would be so good, and Amber Benson needs a regular acting gig. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:13 am 
Master Pilot

Here's a quote from author Spider Robinson, ex-pat American and now Canadian living in British Columbia. Very different author than Kim S. Robinson. Quote:7. What's your favourite sci-fi TV show (and why)?

My favourite SF TV series of all time is definitely Aaron Sorkin's The West Wing. Its delightfully wacky science-fictional premise that both Democratic and Republican parties could contain men and women of good will seriously interested in the welfare of the republic-that an honest man could become president of the United States. Splendid imagination, magnificent dream! My second favourite is Joss Wheedon's Firefly, a terrific series shamefully mistreated and betrayed by the network morons who'd commissioned it. I loved every one of its characters, the rich setting, and each of its many (still unresolved) mysteries. My favourite currently on the air would be a tie between Battlestar Galactica (my wife Jeanne and I are major Michael Hogan fans) and Heroes-in both cases for the same reason I've always loved SF in the first place: ingenious, inventive, involving writing. They're about real, believable people in situations that haven't ever happened yet-but might.
LOL West Wing is a SF show taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Buffy fans Chicago
my livej<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Law and order and Fonzie's Shark tank
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:13 pm 
Master Pilot

Fonzie's Shark tank is in the motorcycle's rear view mirror. Law and Order all franchise's have Jumped the S[/b]. A recent new episode of SVU, was a copy of a episode of the original version. A family's mother and father were killed and one of the perpertrators (a child of the man and woman killed) was to drunk and drugged up to remember it. Almost a direct copy of a episode of the Jack McCoy series from a few seasons back. This franchise has become pathetic. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Buffy fans Chicago
my livej<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Law and Order franchise. TV's PTB are of the current knowledge that this pillar of NBC is in trouble. The Criminal Intent version with D'Onfrio, Bogosian and Erbe has been sent to cable network USA along with big cast change in hope to save it for awhile. During this year LaO's original version has been seen on three different nights in a effort to revive it, since the change to cast a year or so ago (Sisto, Anderson, Roche) has not given it much of a revitalization. The sensationalistic Special Victims Unit is the only version that's holding its own; however, NBC was a little sacred and got the series off Tuesday and gave it their prime new series [u]Mercy[u] as a lead in. I read somewhere that LaO original version's future is very tied to TNT's commitment to continue to buy the newest episodes for its viewing schedule.

Has this franchise out lived its useful life? Other comments.

W/T are forever