[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - First impressions of Neverness (and the rest of the series)

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: First impressions of Neverness (and the rest of the series)
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:33 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

I finished The Broken God this morning (I'd like to thank my Dad for that; he decided to call at 6AM!). I thought the book kind of dragged for a bit in the second half, but the last 100-150 pages was great. I'm really jazzed about it right now, and am totally stoked to read The Wild (which I just started). I'm psyched to get off of Neverness and do some 'sploring.

So, is Tamara going to reappear in the next two books? I hope so.

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:34 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Wild is probably my favorite of the four So enjoy! :hearts:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:43 am 
The Timekeeper

Without a doubt the most colorful and intense. :pilot:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:53 am 
erm... Scryer Pilot Warrior Pilot

Getting right into TBG...am I completely off the mark here or has Danlo just been fed the pointy bit of his reproductive organ?

Fall over and wail idiots!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

With some marinara sauce, it would probably taste just like Calamari.

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 am 

gulp...can't believe all the doggies died...oh dear must have something in my eye...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:05 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

If Danlo had eaten a pack of cats, I would've cried. But those were dogs, and they got what they deserved (being dogs and all).

I remember reading a TRUE STORY!!!! in Reader's Digest once about a couple who were scientists or something and they became stranded in either Greenland or Baffin Island or somewhere like that. They had a plane or helicopter crash, and were stuck for days on end with their pet dog. They had nothing to eat (they were on an ice-field), so after about 2 weeks they killed their dog and ate its liver. And like 30 minutes later they were rescued. Oops.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:03 am 

How embarassed would that make you be?
I've always been a dog person, but now have two cats, and the fiendishly little swines would probably have me for their lunch, not the other way round!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:36 pm 

Having survived the attentions of another pesky warrior-poet, I've now said goodbye to Bardo as Master of Novices. I've got a sneaky feeling I'll be meeting up with him again though. well I really really hope so anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

Just finished The Wild (I'd like to thank my son for waking me up at 4AM), and have started War In Heaven. I'm looking forward to it. I hope Danlo gets off his high-horse and starts killing, though. And maybe eats a cheeseburger.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:51 am 
Blood Tea Chugger

So there's this little mom and pop gelato place in town that I go to occasionally, and they have polaroids all over the walls of their customers eating their ice cream. I was their yesterday with a friend and his kids, and I was looking around and saw a picture of a dude and his daughter, and the dude looks a lot like DZ (from the one pic I've seen on his website). So I decided I had to go back again tonight, and I'm sort of 50/50 on it being him. I may have to go on another mission and snap a recon photo so you guys can decide.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:41 am 

Bardo's back, richer than ever! You can't keep a (fairly) good man down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:30 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:00 am 

I can't believe I didn't notice before, but it should read 'fiendishly CLEVER little swines'. Good job Bullwinkle didn't see it, he'd be most annoyed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:02 am 

Just been told by my works manager that he's messed up the rosters and I've got one more day's holiday. It's absolutely pouring down outside, the couch has got two cats and 'The Broken God' sitting on it. Wonder what I should do this afternoon...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next