Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Divisionals!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:34 pm 
Lady Scryer

Hi. This is Duchess. Just wanted to let you guys know that Calibaby and the kids are out in LA for a long weekend visiting his parents. (My older son is even heading out there, flying in and out of Indy). I do not know if they will have any computer access or not; they might not be able to participate this weekend as a result. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Can you call them and get their picks? Please! Without them this contest is going to die... *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

Sure Danlo, Calibaby will be calling me on my cell tonight; if I remember I will ask (which given today might be difficult - I just went to two stores to specifically buy one item at each store. I just got home with a trunkful of groceries and forgot both items!) ******************************************************

<i></i>

Post subject: divisionals
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Colts @ Ravens :

Ravens 31 / Colts 24 (55 points)

Eagles @ Saints :

Saints 27 / Eagles 20 (47 points)

Seahawks @ Bears :

Seahawks 24 / Bears 13 (37 points)

Patriots @ Chargers

Patriots 24 / Chargers 17 (41 points)

<i></i>

Post subject: Re: divisionals
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:50 pm 
Master Pilot

Cool duchy! Hey jel! I swear if I hear one more interview on sports talk radio about how Belichek's genius and Brady's bigtime playmaking are going to defeat the Chargers, I'll scream!! Einstien and Jordan can't stop an avalance.

I do, however, agree that Belichek should have been awarded Coach of the Year honors-I'm, somewhat, quoting Patrick and Jaworski here, but consider this: You lose one of the most accurate big game kickers in NFL history, all your prime receivers are gone, fill a suspect hole in the offensive line with questionable talent, have the second highest injury rate in the league-but still manage to have the record they (the Patriots) do and make the divisionals! Damm!

The way da Bears are playing D right now I should have made my score much higher. The way Peterson is playing right now I probably should have picked Seahawks. I'll stand pat-maybe (I'm hoping) da Bears D watched tape of the Colts wildcard game... *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:38 am 
Lady Scryer

Calibaby:
Bears 19-10
NO 27-24
NE 31-30
Balt 27-24

Sunshine:
Bears 27-24
NO 24-20
NE 30-24
Balt 24-10

It will be interesting to see how the guys do this week, as they just rattled these picks off on the cell phone without any serious thought or discussion.

And in California, it was chilly and sunny today. Here in Michigan it rained all day, and we are getting a winter mix tonight, which is all melting. When I let the dog out to pee a minute ago, the mud was ankle deep in the backyard.

The guys are about to go to my favorite LA area restaurant for dinner - Gladstones for Fish.

<i></i>

Post subject: Picks...divisional weekend!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:40 pm 
Pilot

Gunslingers...

Bears 20-17: Bears bench grossman by 1/2time; have just enough to win. I have little confidence here though.

NO 34-24: Saints win in a laffer.

SD 24-20: LT LT LT.

Balt 27-24: McNair's experience is the difference at home. This is the one I feel least confident about...could go to Peyton and the Colts!

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, since I was running around last weekend and forgot about this, I'll just pop in and submit my picks for grins.

I don't see a compelling reason to pick against the home teams, this weekend.

Indianapolis at Baltimore:

The Ravens D slows down Manning & Co. McNair will be the MVP.

(24-17) Baltimore

Philadelphia at New Orleans:

To me, this is the game where the visitor has the best chance of winning. Philly has been hot since McNabb went down, but I'm leery of picking them since they could only beat the putrid Giants by 3. New Orleans is a good story, their O, plus being at home carry them on. If I have to pick an MVP, I'll say Reggie Bush.

(27-23) New Orleans

Seattle at Chicago:

Stat of the week: Team Rushing Defense Rank in the NFC - (12) Seattle, (13) New Orleans, (14) Philadelphia.

What it means to me? The key to this game, and should they win it the next one, will be the Bears O Line's ability to control the action. For all the angst going on around here, I live near Chicago and am a Bears fan, Rex Grossman isn't the key to the Bears moving through the NFC, ball control through the running game is. That's going along just fine now. Jones/Benson/Peterson will run through Seattle's undersized D Line and keep Hasselbeck and Alexander off the field. Grossman will be competent against against Seattle's banged up secondary. Bears move on. Benson MVP.

(24-13) Bears

New England at San Diego:

Like you, Danlo, I'm tired of hearing Belichick being called a genius. The teams are pretty close, but LT is a higher ranking card this year than Tom Brady. Given that and San Diego being at home, I'll pick San Diego. LT MVP.

(27-17) San Diego

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:44 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm crazy, I know... but I'm taking the visitors in all four games!

Probably blowing my lead ala Jan Van de Velde, but here goes!

Baltimore's agony regarding the Colts grows today!
Indy 32-24

Saints dream season falls short... Philly looks strong.
Philly 24-20

The bye hurts Chicago, they already look rusty,
Seattle 21-20

Brady is da Man!
NE 24- 21 <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:52 am 
Master Pilot

Saturday results:
dd's still undefeated!!! 15 Ravens 6 on 5 Vinateri FGs, generally fairly boring except for the TOs. Colts D repeats last week's effort. 27 Philly 24, much more exciting; Duece 143 yds rush 2 TDs Reggie putting the moves on.

Sorry again about the schedule I think my local paper has brain damage--Sea/Bears are is right now with NE/SD right after! *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/07 11:29 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:27 pm 
Master Pilot

current standings:
californiababy picked the Saints game right on the nose which means he gets +20 added, Mr. Sun was closest to the Colts game. We all finished 1-1 and all lost the Balt/Indy game except for crazy dd. Remember to check your scoring and check me-I went over this twice (sober) so I do believe it's right.

diamondraught 5-1#-26 (plus 10)
A Gunslinger 5-1 -98
Mr. Sunshine 4-2 -73
californiababy 4-2@# -53 (plus 30=) -53
danlo 4-2 -79
jelerak 3-3 -76
Damelon 1-1 -21

...oh, and one last thing-GOOOOO!!!
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/07 2:29 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 pm 
Master Pilot

early result:
da will meet the Saints in the NFC Championship! Gould kicks a 49 yd FG in OT, 27-24. Very entertaining game as Alexander rushes for 108 and 2 TDs. T. Jones 66 yds 2 TDs and saves an INT. Grossman was, suprisingly, composed...

Dang duchy, those spontaneous scores from both your boys seem to be working as Mr. Sunshine nails another Michigan perfect score (from California)!!!

GOOOO!!! *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/07 2:33 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:56 am 
Master Pilot

afternoon result:
I'm seriously bummed. In a game rife with TOs f-ing Brady finds a way to sneak back and steal the game. Chargers blew so many opportunities and NE got away with so many holds it made me sick. Even LT's 187 APYs and 2 TDs couldn't win it. Brady passes to ex-Charger Caldwell for a TD, they make the conversion and then Gostkowski kicks a 32 yd FG with 2:20 remaining. Kaeding misses a 52 yarder to tie. I, now, have officially replaced the Cowboys with NE as the team I love to hate the most. 24 SD 21 *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/07 6:58 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:36 am 
Master Pilot

I hate 'em too! Big time.
They're playoff heartbreakers regarding my two teams. (Steelers and Colts)

But I did pick them to win, as they usually find a way to do, and nailed the score!

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:59 pm 
Master Pilot

OK, I'm probably done with this game as I'm going to pick with my heart and not my head this week and during the Super Bowl--will I pick NE? I don't think so...

current standings:
diamondraught 6-2@#-16 (plus 30)
Mr. Sunshine 6-2@ -62 (plus 20)
californiababy 6-2@# -91 (plus 30)
A Gunslinger 6-2 -113
danlo 5-3 -100
jelerak 4-4 -94
Damelon 2-2 -36

Championships!!!
Sunday, January 21st
at (early-ish FOX)
at (late afternoon CBS)

my picks:
I'll try not to root so hard for my backup team that I curse them, but 30 Bears 24 (54) They concentrate on Duece, but Bush scores two TDs--maybe Horn will get into the mix.
OK Peyton the season's all yours, if you can get into a rythm and your O line can protect you. Kill Pats!!! 33-27 (60) *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/15/07 10:17 am
</i>