[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - The Snowy Owl Sports Bar and Grill

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Snowy Owl Sports Bar and Grill
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

Anyone besides me perfectly OK with Tiger Woods stating that his car accident is a private matter? In 100% agreement - it should be a private matter between Woods and law enforcement/lawyers at this point in time and beyond that it is not any of my (or anyone elses') business IMHO.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:47 pm 
Master Pilot

I agree, it's a private matter. I was shaking my head when I read in the paper (from the weekend) that one of the officers actually had to state that there was no indication of a domestic dispute that might have been the cause of the crash. Geez. Already the police had to answer speculation. A guy crashes his car...conclusion: he must have had a fight with his wife. I guess that's what happens when you're Tiger Woods: every little incident involving you becomes gossip fodder.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:48 pm 
The Timekeeper

Yep, I don't really give a rat's .... :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 pm 
Master Pilot

I can just see his wife chasing him down the street with his Big Bertha, smashing out the back windows....
man, he must have ticked her off...
pure conjecture on my part, of course :wink:

edit - I agree - it should be a personal matter, (apparantly) no laws were broken, just a couple of windows & a flat tire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 am 
Master Pilot

Well, not to answer for duchess, but I might have seen your point better if you hadn't changed the scenario. I don't mean the gender reversal, but the sequence of events. Tiger's wife didn't bash his window while he was leaving, she did it after he had crashed, in order to provide aid. So if exactly the same situation had occurred but with the genders reversed, I think Tiger would have been instantly hailed in the media as a hero who saved his wife. Instead, what the actual incident has shown is that Tiger is just another guy who got into a car accident like millions of other people.

Oh yeah, here's another thing in the news article that made my eyes roll: it was learned that the time of the accident was around 2:00 AM. So, apparently there was immediate questioning about what Tiger was doing, leaving home at 2:00 in the morning. That is ridiculous. Whatever Tiger - or any free citizen in a free country - does on his own time is no one else's business (unless his activities harm others). It's as if people (fans? the media?) think they own him 24/7.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:40 am 
Master Pilot

Maybe. I'm not obsessing on this event like too many are, but my gut instinct tells me the scenario you (and Tiger) describe isn't exactly like it happened. Time will tell, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 am 
Lady Scryer

The thing is, as far as anyone (other than he and his wife know) - his wife was not chasing him around with a golf club. No witnesses, as far as I know.

If she were in the habit of beating him up with golf clubs, fists, or anything else, it would be inexcusable and she should face jail time, as with any other spousal abuser.

I grew up in a household where my mother abused not only us kids but also my father. Not fun, and I wish someone who had judicial/police power had stepped in at some point and put an end to it by jailing or committing my mother.

So I am the last person on Earth who would ever think it is funny for a wife to physically abuse a husband (in fact, when I see a woman slap a man in a "comedy" film, I am often the only person in the theater gritting my teeth rather than laughing).

But the thing is - there is no proof at this time - only conjecture.

Do we even know for sure if he was leaving his house or coming back to his house from a night out???? maybe he had a good buzz of some sort on, and wrecked his car coming home from a party. :?

But again - until and unless there are criminal charges or some sort of police action, it is no one's business. And just as I would not want to brand a man as a wife beater unless there is pretty positive proof, I would not want to label a woman as an abuser unless there was some sort of proof, either.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:30 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:39 am 
Lady Scryer

Was it Sideways where the girl finds out that her boyfriend is a lying cheat and beats the crap out of him with her motorcycle helmet? <shudders> Everyone I watched the DVD with was howling with laughter (we watched it on a very slow night at work), and I thought it was absolutely appalling. Nothing funny in that at all to me... :box:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:58 am 
Master Pilot

I haven't seen Sideways. I looked up that Uma Thurman movie: it was called My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

Hmmm...there are movies with depictions of abuse that don't particularly faze me, when I think about it. It really depends on the scenario presented to me. But in real life? Nope, not funny at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:12 am 
Lady Scryer

Actually, the scenario playing out in the back of my mind did not involve his wife at all. I was thinking "Here is a guy who has had painful injuries and surgeries. Wonder if he was out driving under the influence of narcotics/prescription pain killers." Though the wife thing is certainly possible. Women can be every bit as abusive and nasty as men.

Since the police are not charging him with anything other than reckless driving, and found no evidence of any other crime, I suppose no one will ever know what happened - and since there was no evidence of a crime according to the popo's, it really is no one's business when all is said and done.

And the whole thing is getting really sleazy with all of these supposed mistresses crawling out from under their rocks.

Hopefully this will all go away soon. I am very sick of turning on ESPN to get hockey scores and seeing nothing but Tiger Woods issues. :roll:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:31 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today I turned on the local news at noon to get the weather forecast. Tiger Woods was the second story for the newscast, following a fatal shooting in Ann Arbor. Enough is enough. :roll: His screwing around is between him and his wife and his other partners (and when they are older, his children I suppose). Leave me out of it. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 pm 
Master Pilot

Haha, I logged onto the news online a few minutes ago and Tiger was on the front page. This was the first time I read about the alleged affair with the waitress. Sleazy is the word. I predict the waitress will be interviewed on TV very soon - if she hasn't been already. :lol:

I'm not into that sordid soap opera stuff, so I'm tuning out of it myself - though like you say, it's hard to avoid it when it's in your face as soon as you turn the news on. But hey, I'll still offer my opinions if anyone wants to talk more Tiger. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 am 
Lady Scryer

It's not like its a shock for a multimillionaire professional athlete to play the field, so to speak, anyway. I think the shock would be for one to be sexually faithful to his/her significant other. They are rich, they travel all the time away from home, and other people constantly throw themselves at them sexually. Throw in the egos and the sense of entitlement that some athletes have and yeah - from the stories I have heard about pro athletes, Tiger would be closer to the norm than the exception.

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next