[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Diary of a mad Fantasy Fanatic

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Diary of a mad Fantasy Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:33 pm 
The Timekeeper

Just getting the kinks out, I'm not worried-home runs are a little troublesome-many players don't get off to fast starts and having your 2 aces blown up their in their first games doesn't help either, they'll settle down. I'm #1 in my other ESPN league and #3 in my 12 team Yahoo league. I also started ESPN's streak challenge and applied for a job as a weekly blog writer on FantasySportTrade.com.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:59 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:33 pm 
The Timekeeper

Well right now I'm bouncing from 1st to 4th and back to 1st again in my Yahoo league-however I usually end up back in 1st at the end of the week. I continue to stay in first place, as I have since the second day of the season-It's a 12 team league and I continue to lead anyone in 2nd by 10+ points.

In Kinslaughterer's league (Cleburne's league too) I'm besieged by key injuries and suspensions-Yokilis, Webb and ManRan-but I'm expecting to get back on track in June.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:21 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:43 pm 
The Timekeeper

I'm coming back in my Yahoo league, but dropped perilously close to second in my public ESPN. I'll bounce back up that team's so fricking awesome I have to put M. Cabrerra and Cantu on the bench tomorrow-that's unheard of. I needed help with saves and there was Asdasma (who just had 4 saves in a row) just sitting in FA!!! I think I'm destined to win that league. My line up in kinslaughterer's league will be severely shaken up if my trade goes through. I'm barely in third but I'll start catching the 2 hotshots as soon as Manny comes back.

Yes Cal and Riley first did an incredible job with their poker site, then revolutionized fantasy blog talk with Fantasy Tweets-the (BETA) Fanatics is going to be a lot of fun and may even rival Rotowire and MDC.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:46 pm 
The Timekeeper

Already in two Fantasy Football leagues-Fantasy Fanatics and jerelak's New Orleans based Saints and Sinners. Baseball: was in third in kinslaughterer's league, just slipped to 4th, got to pick it up. In second in the 12 team Yahoo! public and 15 points ahead of the crowd in ESPN public. Going to have to start up our NFL pick 'Em game here soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:57 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 am 
The Timekeeper

Baseball, doing well-in 3rd place and ready to move up in Can't Steal 1st-kins league, staying a whopping 20 point over everybody else in my ESPN public and in 2nd only 6 points away from the leader in Yahoo! public.

Fantasy Football approaches and I have a draft this Saturday in the 8 team Saints and Sinners-it's jerelak's league kins and I are going into our 3rd year and Menolly joins us this year with the Gators. I draft the following weekend in the Fantasy Fanatics 16 man brawl-this is my toughest league-not only are more of these guys serious FF experts, but some of them run their own rankings board-and 16 team draft is wicked, I've never done more than twelve. The Watchers (kin's league) is going into it's 6th year, but I have no idea when we draft. So, well, it looks like I'm in four leagues again this year, I won my Yahoo! public last year so I get to enter in a "Winners League", if I win that league I have no idea where I go from there...Cleburne is in the Fanatics league-other folks you might know in the Watchers are Damelon, Brinn, ATOM, dAN, jerelak (I think) and a few others.

Coming next: very limited FF pointers for Menolly-warning we do talk a lot of smack in Saints & Sinners so put on your heavy duty armor and don't take anything seriously :mrgreen:.

(yes for those of you keeping score I will be managing 7 fantasy teams in September)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:27 pm 
The Timekeeper

Thanks Gods the Saints and Sinners draft is at 6 (my time) I thought it was at 2! :shock: *whew* that gives me time to do a 4th mock draft and print out cheat sheets. Actually I don't need to draft I'll just get the cheat sheet and show up an hour earlier to enter my prime picks (already Menolly is saying, "this is too complex for me!". LOL).

OK what advice can I offer new players while remaining obtuse:
Don't draft Favre
Don't draft Marvin Harrison
Don't even think about Donte Stallworth
Michael Vick is useless this year
If you draft TO he'll get all cold and crabby in the winter.
Don't trust RBBC rushers-Running Back by commitee teams such as Denver and Dallas
Lynch still has a 3 game suspension
D. Ward is now on Tampa, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
All Matt Hasslebeck receivers end up on the DL
arrive at the draft one hour earlier, and be prepared
Never draft a Raider
and finally: Don't take a D in the 1st round

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:22 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
huh?

I need to sign in an hour early?
I thought it was only 15 minutes ;)

The rest I'll probably leave up to Yahoo...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm 
The Timekeeper

You drafted a pretty dang good team! It felt like there was more than one person helping you. Fracking got DeAngelo right before I did! :evil: I'd rate your team #4 barely behind mine.
Speaking of Fantasy Football kins just invited me to his second league-another 16 man brawl that would be my 5th team and would mean 3 drafts in 3 days 28th, 29th & 30---I'm not sure I could take it! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:45 pm 
The Timekeeper

No 4's my limit. Sure wish you had drafted by yourself. I'll just have to pray that the pundits are right about DeAngelo's production dropping off this year and that LenDale White doesn't steal a bunch of Chris Johnson's TDs, like he did last year...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 pm 
Pilot

I used to be an FF also...eight seasons of baseball, two seasons of basketball-one as Commish, fourteen seasons of NFL football-one as Commish.

I enjoy the NFL more now that I've been fantasy-free for a year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 am 
The Timekeeper

I bet you do! I've become so fantasy football skitzo I have to work overtime to enjoy my own team!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next