[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - HP7- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: HP7- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:35 am 
Lady Scryer

Quote:
Updated:2006-12-21 11:54:30
Final 'Harry Potter' Title Announced
By HILLEL ITALIE
AP
NEW YORK (Dec. 21) - We now have a title for Book VII: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." But if you want to find out for yourself, visit J.K. Rowling's Web site, jkrowling.com, and play a little game of hangman.

Harry Potter and the Seventh Title

Rowling's U.S. publisher, Scholastic, Inc., released a brief statement Thursday announcing the name of the world's most anticipated children's book, the finale to her phenomenally popular fantasy series.

No publication date or other details were offered. Rowling is still working on the book, she wrote on her Web site in an entry posted early Thursday.

"I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she wrote. "I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)"

Meanwhile, she set up a little game for her Potter fans.

If you go to her home page, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room - you'll see a window, a door and a mirror.

In the mirror, you'll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. They click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a reef appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you'll see a garland.

Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman.

Or you can just take Scholastic's word for it.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press.

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:20 pm 
Master Pilot

I have some VERY excited children right now. They are already planning for the midnight madness bookstore event.

It's kind of sad tho...Harry has been a part of our lives for over 10 years now. JK Rowling said "I am in a state of grief and euphoria at the same time." It must be really hard to let Harry go, but what an accomplishment!!

Jo, thank you...it was an amazing ride! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:51 pm 
Master Pilot

I am going to be at a conference the night the book is released. Already, some of the conference participants are discussing walking over to a local B&N to pick up copies of HP/attend an HP party if they have one. :P

Meanwhile, I am debating whether to pre-order from Amazon as I've done in the past, as I don't know where the rest of the family members will be when it comes out.

I'm actually of mixed minds about being in a hurry to read it, cause once it's over, it's over. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:59 am 
Lady Scryer

They have released the cover art!

British children's edition:

British adult edition:

American:

I have two copies preordered. Since Amazon has it at 40% off and with two copies it is enough to qualify for free shipping I went ahead and ordered two so my kids will not argue over whose turn it is to read the book. :roll: One of them will share with Mom after a couple of read throughs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:55 pm 
Lady Scryer

Some guy who claims to be a hacker also claims that he broke into the computer system of the British publishing company of the Harry Potter books and has spilled supposedly heavy duty spoilers on the internet. :x

Just warning people, so they know to be careful in their internet wanderings... :?

Who knows if these things are true or not...but thought I would give a heads up to everyone anyway. :?

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:47 pm 
Master Pilot

I did a quick search and found the 'spoilers'. IMO, they're highly unlikely to be true, as they suggest--to me--at least some ignorance of a lot of character build-up in the series. The 'hacker' is trying to put people off from reading the actual book by making them think they already know the ending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:34 am 
Lady Scryer

I am personally hoping that the guy is full of poo. I have not seen the spoilers, but if he did hack and post ill gotten spoilers, that is a really low thing to do to millions of kids (and adults) who are looking forward to the book. :x

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:55 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
While I agree with your sentiment regarding the hacker, Duchess, it is hard for me to say I am "looking forward" to the book. While I am anticipating it, I would say that I am dreading it more than looking forward to it...

Six was difficult enough to get through. Seven, being the last in the series, will be at least bittersweet...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

New interview with Rowling:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 pm 

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:18 pm 
Lady Scryer

Since my kids get first crack at the two copies I have on order, and since my life is very busy, I probably will not get a chance to read the latest book right away. :(

Therefore I am requesting that people type in their spoilers for at least the first couple of weeks after the book's release in white font color so that they are somewhat hidden. :)

Just click on the font colour button above and change from default to white. :)

Thanks!

~ duchy :duchess:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, Russell is taking the kids and Stefan to the midnight madness party in Bend and they are not counting the days..but the hours until 12:01am July 21st (Tristan and Jordan calculated how many hours it is...). Chelsea is all agog over going because this is the first time she will be able too, she's 7 now...wow how time flies. Anyway, we have 8 copies pre-ordered and they will pick them up at the B&N there at the party. Brooke taught Stefan how to read, so even he is excited about the last book (he's such a gentle soul, reminds me in many ways of Isaiah). It'll probably be a week or so before I get a chance to read it, so I'll probably avoid all HP forums and sites for awhile after it comes out.

Let the fun begin!!! It's sad this will be the last book and the last of the book store events, but we still have 2 new movies coming...and who knows...Jo may give us something wonderful to look forward in her next story. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:15 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:51 pm 

*happy dance*

Beorn's away at camp...Beorn's away at camp...

His copy is my copy until we pick him up August 6th. :twisted:

~Avatar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

hee hee hee :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Image Image Image