Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 205  Next
 Post subject: The Master Pilot's Bar--hang out, kick back, relax...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Just kick back, introduce yourself, chat with others, relax, drink some beer or skotch, say hi, rant, rave, discuss the Manifold, or what's going on on other planets...(Notice to Journeymen bartenders: coffee and smoking of tolache is now permitted in this establishment)

Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/25/02 8:00:45 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: The Master Pilot's Bar--for Newbies and general rants!
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:09 pm 
Master Pilot

oh right .. here that room is already .. duh"!

I'll have whatever he's having .. and light me up a tolache stick/thingy ..

By the way .. 'who's shouting here???' .. (translation:-'as in purchasing the drinks??') .. ok my shout .. (translation) 'the drinks are on me' ..

'Here bartender .. have my wallet .. I'm feeling generous tonight/this morning .. (depending on what hemisphere you're drinking in )

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 9:22 pm 
Master Pilot

Don't have to be a newbie to hang out here! If it's good enough for the Lord Pilot Leopold Soli it's good enough for me--don't even have to drink to hang--the dartboards are going up soon! Hey this is the place where Mallory broke his uncle's nose isn't it? An obsidian hole in the wall deep in the Farsider's Quarter a warm retreat from the ice cold snows of Deep-Winter. The Sonderval is meditating over there by the fire--maybe I should pull out my shakuhachi and play a song!

Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/14/02 8:59:31 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:38 pm 
Master Pilot

you do that Danlo man .. and I will play a few games of Darts .. any takers??

I must warn you .. I throw a mean dart .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 5:34 pm 
Pilot

<pokes head in, looks around>

Hmm, nice place you've found here, danlo. Sky, I'll pass on the dart game, but if y'all install a pool table, I'd be happy to lose to somebody.... <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:20 pm 
Master Pilot

Wouldn't you kno it?! The pool table just arrived as aliantha left...ah, here come the games: Go, 3D chess and backgammon. If Bardo was here we'd have a righteous party! Don't just stand there outside the door, it's bloody fidgid out there! Pop off ur skate-blades, stomp your feet and come on in, fer god's sake! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/10/02 6:29:30 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 8:54 pm 
Pilot

Oooh, backgammon! I'm good at losing at that game, too!

(Last summer, my daughters and I spent a few days at a state park resort in southern West Virginia. During our stay, we played volleyball, putt-putt golf, air hockey, pool, table tennis, regular tennis, and I forget what-all else -- oh, that's right, horseback riding -- and discovered that we all suck equally at all sports. I think it's good to be consistent!) <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:58 am 
Master Pilot

Chess for me, and not the 3D variety: never could understand it! I would also enjoy a game of Rook or Canasta. Who's ready?? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:43 am 
Master Pilot

My favs are Risk, cribbage, yatzee and boggle! I'm pretty down good @ Pictionary, being an artist, Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble: lot's of crossword puzzles there! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 10:54 am 
Master Pilot

Forgot about Scrabble and Risk! Two really great games. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 4:15 pm 
Master Pilot

I'll have a game of chess with you King .. and bartender .. an oj mate would go down a treat!

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:31 am 
Master Pilot

Would love to have a game or two with you, Sky! Although usually when someone wants to play me, I realize he/she is probably a very excellent player. Still would enjoy meeting and playing a game or two. Is the get-together still on for this summer, Danlo? Is Australia too far away from the states, Sky? (I can barely afford to travel from state to state!) I want to meet a lot of the people who I only know by postings. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:52 pm 
Master Pilot

I'll give you a game of chess in the Master's Pilots Bar for now ..

.. alas the States is well beyond my reach from here .. Its a long way down under that I be ..

.. alas it is a reality I am loathe to accept

.. nothing would give me greater pleasure than to meet all my fellow Watchmen and Lord Pilots .. and all the other interesting common folk that gather in these here places ..

I long to meet all my beloved soul bro's and sisters .. but I must content myself with these 'meetings' for now

.. till you all become rich enough to attend an Elohimfest down under .. at my place!!

Black or white? You want to pick?

Let the games begin!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:58 am 
Master Pilot

Wow, an e-chess game? So much to consider: play through the forum, private messaging, or email? Rules: no use of computer-generated games or other people to think of next moves? The use of square names (A1 to B1) or piece-name moves (QR to QK)? (I'm sure there are proper terms for the wording here in the moves that a piece might make.) I am really excited about the prospect. Still want to play? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:49 pm 
Master Pilot

sure!

It would take more than that to put me off a good game of chess!

If you want to play for real .. we could do it via email .. I have access to an e-board .. I will send it! Your email address is posted somewhere?

given@tpg.com.au health and healing<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 205  Next