Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Moderator in Fastest Forum ever Created!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:33 am 
Master Pilot

welcome duchess - moderator of spanking!!

.. oh and big-red also be welcome among us!!

.. and anyone else out there in need of a hearty welcome!!

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:57 am 
Lady Scryer

Skyweir, you have to understand the joke. Danlo asked if I'd be a moderator, I said that I'd think about it, and the next time I came here, he had the whole forum up and running with me down as the mod! After my family scraped me up off of the floor, I told Danlo I thought he might need a spanking.
In all actuality, I've never spanked anyone in my life. As one of those evil federal government employees, I do much worse than a little . Ask my kids! Yes, I have learned from my employment that the worst possible of all punishments is a meeting! Especially one without donuts or cookies. my sister, o my sister! There's the cause on 't. Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust -- John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi", first performed in England in 1614<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:05 pm 
Master Pilot

actually never fear good Duchess .. I figured as much ..

ahhh my better half also works for the federal government .. and a meeting with or without dohnuts is undoubtedly torture enuff!!

ofcourse made all the worse for the lack of dohnuts or cookies ..

here working for the executive/beaurocracy .. is working for the public service .. and there are sooo much fun to be had at their expense!! .. indeed 'work' and 'the public service' is undoubtedly THE oxymoron of all oxymorons!!! lol .. jk ..

but I am sure that just relates to the public service here!! I am sure the beaurocracy in the US is way more vigilant

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:11 pm 
Lady Scryer

my coworkers at a meeting: hh :">

me in back corner:

guy hogging the donut box:

my sister, o my sister! There's the cause on 't. Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust -- John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi", first performed in England in 1614<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi at: 12/10/02 12:32:13 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:27 pm 
Master Pilot

Hahaha must be fun! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:26 am 
Master Pilot

I love the guy hogging the donut box! That's either Me or Homer Simpson, doh! The duchess has reached Master Pilot status! GOOD JOB!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:56 am 
Master Pilot

way to go duchy!! ..

and way to go with the new posing pages danlo!! very cool!! health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Re: !
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yes, I love having the little icons off to the side! Looks great!! our "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:34 am 
Master Pilot

Definitely lighting up everyone's posts! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:51 am 
Master Pilot

:">

and my personal fav ...... -> hehe ..

and its sooo easy!!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:50 pm 
Pilot

This seems to be the place to say "Hey, I finally made it over to the Hanger!" So I'm saying so.

A lot of people on the Watch seem to be really fanatical about the Neverness series (I know you are Danlo!) and A Song of Ice and Fire (Fire and Ice?) And since I've really learned to respect the opinions of everyone over there, I've decided I need to find these books.

Can someone provide me with a list of titles and the Authors name for these series?

Okay...off to nose around some more. Gotta learn my way around the Hanger now. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:27 am 
Master Pilot

Hi, birdandbear, welcome to the Hangar!!!

I have to admit to never having read Neverness (though it's on my TBR list), nor A Song of Fire and Ice.

But danlo got me over here when he first started the site.

And here I am.

~MsMary~

"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:40 am 
Master Pilot

Welcome b&b! Look in the Zindel and Martin 4rums--there r bibliographies in the intros... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Hey, bird&bear! Welcome! (btw, i havent read either Neverness or Martin! ) Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Welcome 2 the Hangar Pilots!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:34 pm 
Pilot

Hello guys! My name is Molly and I love Tolkein, I have read all three books 10 times and own the first movie and will soon own the second. I LOVE ARWEN EVENSTAR SO MUCH! As you can see in my signature...Sorry, but I am WAY to obessed, hehe. Anyways, great sight you got here, I will be posting a WHOLE lot in the LOTR Forum....Hahaha....I have memorized basically half the book of The Fellowship...Woa, I could go on and on but I think I will stop here, HELLO! (Lol, no I don't smoke)

~Mollz

Join My LOTR RPG!

<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next