Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Welcome to the Hangar Pilots!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:23 am 
Master Pilot

>NOTICE: spamming, flamming or foul language will be zapped!!< Ahira's Hangar concentrates on Sci-Fi, The Neverness series, Fantasy and Horror discussions. Create your own forums (just clear it with me first) and topics! My name and Ahira derive from Neverness' follow-up trilogy, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens; The Broken God, The Wild & War in Heaven by David Zindell. Ahira is Devaki for: The Snowy Owl which is my spirit guide and name of my Lightship.The Hangar is beneath the Hollow Fields in the Cavern of a Thousand Lightships near Mt. Urkel just south of the Academy in the city/island of Neverness on the planet Icefall thousands and thousands of year hence from whence these communiques originate. I can chat away forever about all four Neverness books, and almost anything David Brin, Stephen R. Donaldson, H.P. Lovecraft, Walter Jon Williams, Ursula K. LeGuin or Tolkien have written--we can expand from here--so welcome and have fun! These are your forums! <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/1/06 10:33 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Welcome 2 the Hangar Pilots!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:31 am 
Master Pilot

I really like the name of your ship! This sounds like an interesting place. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/8/02 1:24:22 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:00 pm 
Master Pilot

The 1st member--how cool! u know this is still a experiment, the format of the ezboard that is, I am very open 2 suggestions on how 2 improve this--also trying 2 set up an opening page w/ very cool graphics so we can have links, polls, artwork, directories etc..I am very new 2 all this so please feel free 2 email me and post suggestions here. King: I will also make ur avatar bigger!-I welcome moderators and fellow page builders--I will start a topic on how we can improve this site. go 2: How 2 Improve Ahira's Hangar Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/31/02 9:21:48 am
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:38 am 
Master Pilot

www.bravenet.com offers free guestbooks and a host of other stuff. You also get their ads, but I use them on a couple of other sites that I have. You might visit and see if you like them:
worknotes.com/LA/Lothlori...index.html and
teacherweb.com/LA/Southsi...index.html
Keep the faith. It'll all pull together.
Theoden Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:06 pm 
Master Pilot

this place is great danlo .. and I dont know if I am a member yet .. I guess not cos I probably havent registered yet it recognises me .. probably because of the ez-board .. but by the heavens how is it ad-free????

way to go!! .. and ditto .. 'keep the faith'!!

health and healing

sky! health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Sad but true...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Right now we r on what is known as a "CSC Gold free trial" which means the ads r coming in 22 days from this post--that's y we're running around like mad trying 2 find alternative website hosts... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/8/02 1:14:18 pm
</i>

Post subject: hi,great site !!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:34 pm 
Pilot

great site,not sure how to register with your site? but am now registered with ezboard. Like to give a plug to Phillip K. Dick, that underrated master. Also to really interesting movie on video "She Creature" Staring Rufus Sewell (from "Dark City") Turn of the century Ireland, Freakshow folks,and mermaids. Very dark...Very visually cool... <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/24/02 8:09:09 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: hi,great site !!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:33 am 
Master Pilot

Hey, I've read Philip Dick! Can't remember what I read. Can you mention a couple of books to me to jog my memory? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Philip K. Dick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:15 am 
Master Pilot

King! go 2 general Sci-Fi--I've just posted a Philip K. Dick topic and a short blurb that may help! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/8/02 1:15:04 pm
</i>

Post subject: Banner!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:43 pm 
Master Pilot

I'd like 2 say I commisioned Vain 2 design our beautiful new banner, but u know us Pilots and our vow of poverty. Anyway, he has blessed us w/this beautiful gift that looks like u're fenestering right in2 the heart of a descision tree! I'm in love w/it--what do u think Pilots? Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/28/02 7:43:39 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Banner!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:35 am 
Master Pilot

Well, not sure what a decision tree is, but the banner is gorgeous! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:10 pm 
Pilot

OKAY. I'm HERE, danlo....

Seriously, thanks for the noodge. Haven't had a chance to check much out yet, but it looks pretty good so far.... And wow, no ads! (Too bad it won't last....)

I finished "The Broken God" Friday night (up 'til 2am...) and have started "The Vild". Haven't yet found a copy of the first book, but will keep looking....

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:43 pm 
Master Pilot

Welcome aliantha! We'll get u a copy of Neverness! King, either go 2 the Glossary in the Neverness forum or READ the book 2 find out what a descision tree is! btw I've decided 2 pay ezboard 30 bucks 2 stop the ads 4 a while... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/21/02 3:31:34 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:29 am 
Master Pilot

Welcome, Aliantha! Danlo, it's always a hard choice when it comes to money and a forum. I bought my own forum and the domain/site just to keep those ads out; not to mention having the owner decide to just close everything down without any notice (That happened to me at prontomail once: you were encouraged to build a site; then they shut down without any notice of any kind. I lost hundreds of photos--I know, should have had a backup).
I believe you'll find that it's worth the money, and as you grow, you may find a group of users who are willing to share the cost.
Keep the faith! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: while u were sleeping
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:06 pm 
Master Pilot

The ads came and went--and I tried 2 join a David Brin ring--I posted a really cool graphic 2 their ring--and then they became very snooty saying that perhaps what I was looking 4 was a Brin discussion forum--I replied back saying we r a Brin discussion 4rum! please include us on ur ring--and they never got back 2 me--the cool image disappeared so i got rid of it! I also got rid of the ads 4 6 months! we're free!!! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next