[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Highdrake's wedding thread with pictures!~

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Highdrake's wedding thread with pictures!~
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:29 am 
Lady Scryer

We stayed in a generic chain motel in Newburgh, New York. But the view from the second floor veranda was rather beautiful. This is the lake across the street. The building in the picture is a really good diner called Johnny D's where we ate breakfast two of the three mornings we were there (and their M&M pancakes were to die for!!):

The veranda was very popular with the hotel guests - we all sat out there and relaxed in the sun and enjoyed the sun shining on the lake. 8)

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Highdrake's wedding thread with pictures!~
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:35 am 
Lady Scryer

The rehearsal dinner was at a nice Italian restaurant in Montgomery, New York, which is Highdrake's home town. Here are the bride and groom:

other rehearsal dinner pictures:

Most of these were taken outside after eating dinner. The weather was perfect for being outside that evening! :hearts:

(I'm running out of steam, and will try to post some actual wedding photos tommorow but here is a link to the album I uploaded them to:
).

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 am 
Master Pilot

Glad you all had a great time! Glad the weather cooperated, too! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:40 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Thanks Duchess!
I've been dying to see/hear anything all weekend.
Sleep well and I'll look forward to your stories in the morning. :)

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:34 pm 
Lady Scryer

Imagine the most beautiful April spring day that you can imagine, after a long and cold and snowy winter. The sun is shining fiercely and not a cloud in the sky. Now imagine yourself in a beautiful arboretum/botanical garden, with thousands and thousands of flowers in every color you can think of in full bloom, with statues and brick and stone walkways, and fountains. There are bees buzzing around and butterflies flitting about. You are now just starting to get an idea of how beautiful the site of Highdrake's wedding was on Sunday. :hearts:

Even many of the trees were in full bloom.

Multiply this guy by the thousands in every color and color combination that tulips come in, and line every walkway with them, and you can start to understsnd the sheer beauty of the setting.

All of your other standard early spring flowers were there in glory as well, such as these pansies, daffodills, grape hyacinths, etc. 8)

This is looking back through some of the gardens to the hall. Highdrake and Christy got married in the middle of that circular brick area, which is lined by benches and flower beds. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm 
Lady Scryer

The wedding cerermony was outdoors, in the bright sunshine and the blossom scented air. 8)

The officiant was Eric's brother, who is a minister. For the readings he read the well known love passages from Corinthians and also a piece from a wedding from the television show Northern Exposure which was great. Are you guys cool with that? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Fists' two daughters (who are both twice as tall as the last time I saw them) stood up with the bride and groom, and the three boys tended to pop in and out. :)

First married kiss!!!!

Eric's ring is made from some high tech super hard metal. They warned him when he bought it that he cannot gain weight, because the thing cannot even be cut off his finger. :shock: 8) It had this cool almost holographic looking band going around the middle of it. 8)

And I now pronounce you husband and wife! :hearts:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:00 pm 
Lady Scryer

The wedding reception was in the pretty little hall in the middle of the garden. 8)

They had quite the spread of food, with a huge variety so that everyone could find plenty of things to eat. There was really good sushi, a six foot long sub sandwich, lots of fresh fruit (which was wonderful given how hot the day was), some big pans of cold salads (such as greeen salad and macaroni salad), and big pans of lasagna, meatballs, and hot wings. Everything I tried was really good. :)

Even the cake was moist and good. it was white cake with chocolate chips in between the layers of cake.

The back of the hall was all big windows overlooking the gardens and glass doors leading outdoors. :D

This is one of Highdrake's high school buddies who gave the toast. Apparently he was asked sort of at the last minute, but he rose to the occassion and gave a very nice and meaningful toast, aabout how Eric's life is now completed by being with Christy. :hearts:

This is the backview of the reception hall. You can see how there were blooming flowers everywhere. :) People could not resist slipping out into the garden every few minutes just to see the sun shining on the flowers. 8)

A happy bride and groom out in the sunshine and the flowers:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Great pictures, Duchess -- thanks!

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:51 am 
Master Pilot

Hey, I remember that Herc cartoon! :lol: The ring is made of tungsten carbide. Whatever that is.

So yeah, I heard there was a thread for my wedding here. Figured it would be a good idea to drop in.

Thank you for the pix and stories, duchess! :D

And, really, I've seldom been flattered as much as I was by duchess and hubby driving all the way from Ann Arbor to attend my wedding! One of the very first people I got to know at the Watch. We've seen some crazy stuff happen, both online and in rl. Thank you so very much, duchess!!! I don't usually have reason to say something of such serious nature, but I'm truly humbled by your friendship.

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Wow, that's impressive. I've heard that marriage is forever, but I guess with a tungsten wedding ring, you don't get a choice in the matter. :lol: Highdrake, what made you pick this ring? Is Raen's made out of the same stuff?

My books:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:23 pm 
Master Pilot

No, I just liked the look of it. Here it is:
ImageImage

The case had several of this metal. The first one that caught my eye was solid black. Pretty cool! I couldn't decide between that and this, but Christy said she liked this one a lot more, so I got it. You can't tell in the pix, but it's not solid black in the middle. It's a black & white checkerboard pattern at the bottom of a hologram/3D, if you know what I mean. I think I can barely see it in the picture on the right.

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 pm 
Master Pilot

Handsome ring! Heh...black gold. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:54 am 
The UnTitled

Awesome ring. Me like.

Congrats again and all that. And thanks for the pics Duchess. :D

--A