[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:14 am 
Master Pilot

I guess this isn't the right time to say that it's 71 degrees here. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:36 am 
Master Pilot

I like snow when I don't have to drive in it. ;)

I get to see the beauty of the ocean on a regular basis. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:16 pm 
Lady Scryer

It is six degrees farenheit and the temperature is still falling. We are having 40 mile per hour winds, and a wind chill somewhere down in the -30 to -40 range. We got another inch or so of snow last night, and it is blowing and drifting like mad. :box:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 pm 
The UnTitled

Sweltering here today. :D 32°C Went for a long walk in the botanical gardens.

--A

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:47 pm 
Master Pilot

It's -33 here (with windchill). But you know what...I prefer this to the sweltering heat. It's much easier for me to keep warm in cold weather than it is to to stay cool in hot weather.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 am 
Master Pilot

Currently 68 degrees Fahrenheit here. The high temp today was 76.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:30 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:55 am 
Master Pilot

That's long johns weather for me. :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:38 am 
Lady Scryer

I have conceded to the weather, and have started to wear a scarf in addition to hat, coat, and gloves. :wink:

Tonight was a freaky drive home. It is two degrees farenheit, but I kept running into intense little pockets of freezing fog on the way home from work. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:52 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, another five inches of snow forecast for today and tonight (we already have a couple as of noonish) and then sleet and freezing rain tomorrow morning. I am so grateful to have four wheel drive this week. :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:17 am 
Master Pilot

Meanwhile, I'm grateful that the weather forecast says our deep freeze should end by Boxing Day. I can't wait to go out and actually enjoy winter for a change.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yes, yesterday suddenly got super warm (I think it might have made it up to the low sixties F) and it rained like crazy. So, with all of that snow (and the ground frozen and unable to soak in all of that water) everything got all melty and soggy. And then a cold front came through last night, so we are now back to winter temperatures and are having a heckuva windstorm! :?

Of course we all have bad colds now. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:03 am 
Master Pilot

Ugh...that's a major bummer, duchess. So far I've managed to avoid catching a cold.

The frigid temperatures have also returned here, though they're not as severe as before.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:35 am 
The UnTitled

Been so hot here, I' actually looking forward to winter. Where I was last year on the coast doesn't really get winter, so I've had summer the last 18 months.

--A

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next