[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:17 pm 
The UnTitled

We don't have an official autumn date that I know or can find. :lol: Spring is Sep 1st. I suppose Winter is May 1st, but I don't think it's official. Spring day however is. (I guess that it might be partly because we have a fairly minimal variation between seasons. Relatively speaking.)

--A

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:27 am 
Master Pilot

My oh my, I'm starting to think winter might be leaving us soon. Temps hovered around zero last week; next week, it's expected to stay above zero the whole week. There's even going to be rain on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:37 am 
Lady Scryer

We went above freezing during the day (not at night) for the past week - sun on most days. Tonight it might rain. :D You can actually see a patch of ground through the snow here and there in my yard now. :sky: :sky: :sky:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:37 pm 
The UnTitled

Damn. Today, I felt the first hint of a coming winter in the air. The quality of light has changed as well. Still, mustn't complain, the rest of the week is forecast to be in the high 20's.

--A

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am 
Master Pilot

Went to Hawaii for a week. (Please don't hit me!) Came back and the temps here were in the 60s and most of the snow was gone. It won't last -- I'm sure we'll be back in the 40s and 50s before spring is really, truly here -- but it was a lot easier to come home than I had expected it would be....

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 am 
Lady Scryer

After a week and a half of above freezing daytime temps and a couple of days of rain, most of our snow is also gone now, other than the big piles in parking lots which take forever to melt. :D

At least you had decent weather to come home to, Ali. Imagine if it had been another blizzard! :faint:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:42 pm 
The UnTitled

Sweltering today. :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:23 am 
Master Pilot

Things are looking cooler this weekend - forecast around 19-20C. Currently in the mid-high 20s for the rest of the week. A couple more weeks of daylight savings left...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:55 pm 
The UnTitled

Yeah, seeing a definite downward trend to the temps here...although the highest high this week is 27°C, the lowest high is 23°C. The coolest it's been in the day for ages.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Most of our snow is gone, too, except for the hideous parking lot mountains duchess talks about.

It's scary to think spring might actually arrive on schedule next week.
We'll get hammered by a snowstorm before the month is over, I just know it.

Avatar and Stevie, you're a pair of funny guys, talking about winter while basking in twenty-degree weather.
I'm sorry, but if there's no minus sign in front of the temperature and no snow, it ain't winter in my book! :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:17 pm 
The UnTitled

Well by those standards, we never have winter. :D You should move. :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yesterday was the perfect spring day - sunny and sixty. :D People were running around in shorts and t-shirts. 8) No snow left except for the big piles in parking lots - those are still a story high and are mostly black from car exhaust. :gag:

Today is another perfect spring day. It will remain this way until the weekend, when we will get rain and then snow showers early next week. :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:27 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm 
The UnTitled

:LOLS: Friends of the GF's lived for 10 years in Vancouver. They moved back a couple of years ago. Couldn't bear to live anywhere else.

Come to Africa MM... :twisted:

Once people visit Africa, they never stop wishing to come back. :D There's something...primal about it. :D

--A

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next