[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - photography expeditions - accomplished or planned

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: photography expeditions - accomplished or planned
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:14 pm 
Master Pilot

Awesome! Now I know where I'd be spending a lot of my time if I were visiting Detroit. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:31 pm 
Lady Scryer

here is a part of just one of the four walls:

Fist would probably hang out there, too. On Sunday mornings they often have a chamber music concert in the Diego Rivera Courtyard called "Brunch with Bach". :wink: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:27 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Does anyone have a camera at hand to take a picture of tonight's gorgeous crescent moon?

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:08 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 am 
Master Pilot

Didn't realize there was a crescent moon. I'm bad at keeping track of these things. Anyway, I went outside just now to get a look, but I didn't see the moon. It must be low on the horizon, for it to be blocked by neighboring buildings. Either that or I'm really going blind.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
When I saw it, it was setting, so it must have been long gone when you went to look at it.
Ah well...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:24 am 
Master Pilot

Some shots from the English garden at the park:

That last shot of the flying bee was a total fluke. I'm happy I caught the little guy in action. :)

I'm purely guessing that's a hornet in the other shot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

Whoa. :shock: That bee is great! You probably could not even plan a shot like that. :shock:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:13 pm 
The UnTitled

Awesome pics. Great colour.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 pm 
Master Pilot

Thanks! Yeah, all those intense colours are why I love picture-taking in gardens.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:18 am 
Lady Scryer

Took a bunch of pictures at my son's soccer game today - gorgeous early autumn day. :) Unfortunatey, from my perch the backdrop of the soccer field is all roads and small factories. :razz:

I'll see if I can get them up in he next day or so. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

Will be taking more soccer pictures today.

An tapping foot impatiently waiting for Moonwatcher's autumn colors pictures. :wink:

(And given how slow I am to post stuff, I have absolutely no right to do that. :razz: )

(We are a good two weeks from our fall color peak, though tonight's very cold temps should speed that up a bit. :wink: )

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:05 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 am 
Lady Scryer

Beautiful colors with those pink cosmos and that ivy! :cloud: Your trees are a lot farther along in fall color than ours. The dogwood tree right in front of my house has hundreds of grees leaves and just one red leaf. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are a couple from late summer, but I am still sorting through the soccer ones.

the dragonflies kept insisting on being out over the pond - they did not want to land in an easily reached spot to have their pictures taken! :razz:

sample soccer pictures:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:51 pm 
Master Pilot

Hey, a blue dragonfly! Haven't seen that color in my area. The ones I've come across have most commonly been red.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next