[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - is anyone else ready for spring?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: is anyone else ready for spring?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:15 am 
Lady Scryer

We've had a lot of snow storms this year...with another one happening outside my window as I type this. yes, it was another drive home from work in the middle of the night in four wheel drive and with limited visiblity.

This one seems worse, as this weekend was sunny and relatively warm, with temps at or a little above freezing. We were able to go outside without coats! We only needed hoodies!

I am ready. I want green grass and flowers. I want birds' nests and baby bunnies. I want Detroit Tigers baseball.

It is time! Time for spring! :duchy:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:15 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:45 am 
Master Pilot

Well...I'm not sure I want to see spring just yet, because I still haven't had the chance to really enjoy winter! Extreme cold was our problem, not snowstorms. Hopefully March will give us weather mild enough (on the weekends!!) that I can go out and take pictures without my fingers (and other body parts) becoming numb after only a few minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:44 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:17 am 
Master Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:34 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:58 am 
Lady Scryer

Big article on the front page of the local paper today, saying that this is the second snowiest winter in recorded history in this area. The average snowfall is 52.9 inches. The all time record for one winter is 83.9 inches. We are currently at 76.9 inches. The average for March snow is 8.3 inches. It is only March 5, and we have already had 8.1 inches, and there is more on the way. :faint:

No wonder everyone around here is climbing the walls and whining and going crazy wanting spring. :wink:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Spring is coming, inevitably. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:33 am 
Master Pilot

Well, I don't want to sound like a guy who cries "global warming!" all the time, but I do believe predictions by meterologists/climatologists that say extreme weather will become the norm in the coming years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 am 
The Timekeeper

spring ahead! :bump:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:13 pm 
Lady Scryer

The latest joke going around Detroit is that March has come in like a Tiger - and we want it to leave like a Lion. :twisted:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, we have another 5-8 inches of snow in the forecast for tomorrow night. :( Hope the storm holds off until after the Bach concert! :help:

Ah well, two of the three Easter lilies I bought for the house are blooming now; I can see them, and think of how pretty they will look after I plant them outside later this year and they will bloom again year after year after year... 8)

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:22 pm 
Master Pilot

Spring sure seems to be in the air around here. It's -2 C right now and sunny. We've had some light flurries over the past week, but still, a lot of the winter snow has gone.

And anyway, today is the Spring Equinox! Yay!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next